Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 6:44:42 PM EDT
Well now that I have fallen in love with the beast, I have a few questions about cleaning supplies.

I am looking for a chamber brush/tool that will allow me to clean the chamber without having to try sticking my fingers and it through the ejection port.  Preferably something that I can use from the rear of the receiver.

and

Some sort of bore/rod guide.

I checked sinclair and brownells but no real luck.  Im going to call Sinclair tommorrow and ask if they can make one up.

I'm just curious to find out your solutions and what you folks use.

Also order 100 more rounds of ammo today.  I'm afraid I may end up reloading 50 before the years out!  Gee, wont the liberal inlaws like my Christmas list...
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my kit from www.aaa-ammo.com/bmg.htm.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Forgot to add that 12 gauge patches work...
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:20:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a refrigerator coil brush from Home depot to clean my AR50 chamber with. Only cost a few bucks and gets the job done.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:38:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Arizona Ammo makes a bore guide for the AR-50 for about $45. They should have a chamber brush also, follow the link for more info www.azammo.com
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Tried Sinclair and unfortunitely theyre not making 50 cal rod guides or planning to do so soon.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got a Dewey coated 44" rod from Wideners Reloading yesterday and a Dewey jag.  They have tons of .50BMG stuff and I highly recommend them. Do a search engine search for them; you can't go wrong with those guys!

I use a USGI ratcheting chamber brush for my Barrett 82A1 ($2-3 anywhere).
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to live in Johnson City and know Stan Widener pretty well - I have just avoided calling him; one, 'cause he's always busy and  two, because I know he'll talk me into reloading 50 BMG !
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top