Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2001 12:03:14 PM EDT
Whats the SOP on this?

They say that the barrel doesnt need to be cleaned at all....but does the gun need to be field stripped and hit with some CLP or can I just throw in a mag and go to town?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I sprayed the the bolt carrier down with CLP before I fired it the first time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Always clean a rifle before you go out to shoot it for the first time.  I'd not run any CLP down the bore, but a patch or two wouldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#3]
absolutely clean the bore. At least a cursory cleaning of the bolt, carrier, etc.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Clean and lubricate the entire rifle per old.ar15.com/books/TM9-1005-319-10.pdf as if you were "changing" lubricants.

I've never seen Bushmaster's "factory lube" posted anywhere and if it's not CLP you'll be mixing lubricants, something that can cause gum up of the moving parts.  

Won't take you 20 minutes.  Clean the barrel per the TM as well:  CLP.

-- Chuck

Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Chuck,
While the TM calls for CLP on the bore, and I heartily recommend following it after the first 300 rounds.  My reasoning the CLP will just slow down the 'polishing' that the first few hundred rounds do.  After that first range session I clean per the TM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top