Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2002 3:50:20 PM EDT
I've heard some different responses on this subject. Whats the proper way to clean these chrome lined barrels, and how often should it be done? I've only shot my new AR once at the range so far. I use a bore snake, shooters choice bore cleaner and some patches. I'm about to go out tommorow again, should I clean it after each time, or?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
1) Run a clean pathc through it before your first range session.
2) DO NOT clean the barrel till you have shot at least 300 rounds through it.
3) After that clean after each ranges session using CLP (Break Free brand being the most common).
4) When accuracy starts to suffer (should take several THOUSAND rounds) you can use some copper remover.

This is covered in the FAQs on the Bushmaster Site <G>.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot about 60 rounds through it the first time and cleaned it after. Like one pass with the bore snake and a couple patches. Is this a problem? I won't clean it after tommorow until i get to about 300
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I shot about 60 rounds through it the first time and cleaned it after. Like one pass with the bore snake and a couple patches. Is this a problem? I won't clean it after tommorow until i get to about 300

No it won't hurt it - just take longer for it to 'break in' and have the chrome polished.  Shoot your 300 w/o cleaning and it should be all set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top