Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/27/2013 3:54:29 AM EST

Looking at one of these for my soon to be 7 year old son. Compared the little Phillipino .22 with a Ruger 10-22 side by side. The Citadel is lighter, shorter, and has about an inch shorter LOP.

Big drawback is the 10 round mag. price is about the same. Anybody have anything else to say about the Citadel .22 M1 carbine?

How is reliability? Any hi-cap mags out there?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:23:48 AM EST
There is a thread on rimfire central that is about 20 pages. The first M-1 22's were pretty poor, out of spec chambers and cheap plastic sights. I guess the second batch are better. Some people bought replacement rear sights for the first batch. Sounds like the second batch use a better quality plastic rear sight. Apparently the ejector is incorporated into the magazine and I've also read it is hard to find extra magazines.

I've been tempted by these but I'm put off by Chiappa lack of good materials and the corners they cut to hit a certain price point. I guess for a range toy or a casual plinker they might be alright but I doubt one will have the longevity of my CMMG AR-15 in 22 LR.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:49:35 PM EST
Yeah, I have AR15 .22lrs, but they are a bit heavy for my son. I'll check out the thread. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:40:46 AM EST
My uncle has one, and it was pretty neat. Build quality is a bit cheap, but it is light and easy to shoot for kids. Mine are 8 and 9 and they really liked it. The rear sight would barely line up with it all the way in one direction. It had a few FTE's in the first few mags, but cleaned up after that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:11:36 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nashgill:
My uncle has one, and it was pretty neat. Build quality is a bit cheap, but it is light and easy to shoot for kids. Mine are 8 and 9 and they really liked it. The rear sight would barely line up with it all the way in one direction. It had a few FTE's in the first few mags, but cleaned up after that.
View Quote

Is there any provision for mounting an optic?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:12:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2013 2:14:29 PM EST by nashgill]
IIRC there is a dovetail under the rear sight, and another in front of the ejection port.

ETA: Looks like there is:

Top Top