Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 6:15:51 PM EDT
which would you choose and why? my birthday is tomorrow and i'm itching to buy a new rifle. what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:06:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I would by a standard model.They come with a chrome lined barrel.

USGI chrome lined barrels are very scarce now.
Also,they will last for about 30,000 rounds and are easier to clean and maintain.

Not to mention that they are better for shooting at longer range.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Comes down to a personal choice of what you intend to use the rifle for.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
which would you choose and why?

And???????
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would by a standard model.They come with a chrome lined barrel.

USGI chrome lined barrels are very scarce now.
Also,they will last for about 30,000 rounds and are easier to clean and maintain.

Not to mention that they are better for shooting at longer range.

thanks. i've been hearing that a lot from people. the chrome lined barrel is the thing to get. leaning toward the standard. thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#5]
The chrome lined barrel is more durable, but the scout is handier.  I've got two standards, and my partner left me his squad when he went over to the big sandbox and told me not to let it get lonely.  The squad is definitely handier, and with the recoil pad and muzzle brake there is a noticeable difference in recoil.  The standard would be my choice if I was only gonna have one, but if I had to do the second one over it would be a squad.  It's a better patrol/CQB rifle due to its handiness, and I like the option of using the forward scope rail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top