Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 4:27:02 PM EDT
I got a new mossberg 500, and the choke is way to tight in it, I cant get it unscrewed. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a 500 coming in the mail, do they come with chokes or are they separate ??
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I got a new mossberg 500, and the choke is way to tight in it, I cant get it unscrewed. Any suggestions?

Did it come with a choke tube wrench?  If so..
Make absolute certain the gun is unloaded!  Sitting in a chair, put the buttpad on the floor and clamp the gun between your knees.  Take the choke wrench with your strong hand and place it in the slots of the tube.  With your weak hand, push DOWN on your other hand to keep the wrench in the slots so it doesn't jump out.  Grit your teeth and turn.

You say this is a new gun?  If you can't get the tube to come loose, either take it back to the dealer you bought it from, or contact Mossberg for service.  If it is new it isn't your fault.  Somebody needs to make right by this situation.

2guntom
2guntom.com
454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've got a 500 coming in the mail, do they come with chokes or are they separate ??

Depends on what 500 you ordered.

2guntom
2guntom.com
454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]
My gunshop said that mossberg chokes and a few other brands that a quarter .25 coin works fits perfect. I tried it and it sure does work and fit. My buddy also used a quarter on His charles Daly.

Cost .25 cents
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top