Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 4:30:21 AM EDT
Ok, I found a Chilean Mauser 1895 Sporter that has been rebarreled to 308.

The gun looks in excellent shape with strong lands and grooves.

The sights are original.

The stock is a new Monte Carlo style in a dark wood.

The action/barrel have been redone in a parkerization style so it looks new.

Bolt looks pristine and is a turned down bolt, not sure if that was original.

Mfg by Lowes, Berlin on the side.

Gun is listed as "new" but I don't know who is doing the refurbishing.

Did not check numbers but I know the floorplate and receiver do not have matching numbers.

Barrel is original length.

The rear sight however seems to be loos on the elevation adjustments.  Won't stay in place.  Can this be fixed?

Anyone know anything about these?

Thanks
Rebel13
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:51:39 AM EDT
[#2]
originals were deep rust blued (except action).  the chilean action/rifle in .308 i almost bought was in the white, not sure if they all were.  most were refurbished/barreled by chile in the 60s to 7.62 NATO, hence most look pristine.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL!!!!

I already have:

Yugo Mauser M48BO
Enfield No4 Mk1*
M44

Just thought it was something different and just wanted to find out if anyone knew anything about it.

Thanks
Rebel13
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
the 1895 is a small ring mauser and will have a blued reciever. it is not safe to shoot 308/7.62nato in this rifle. it is an antique pre 1899 rifle. down load to 300 savage (45,000 cup)data and it will be fine. if the headspace is good it should be a great rifle. i have one that the rear site will not catch on the rear site slide. i guess with it being over 110 years old the spring could be worn out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top