Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 12:40:01 AM EDT
...if you are using long bullets.

I was loading up some 7mm RM rounds with Hornady 162gr AMAX bullets and ran into a problem.  The seater plug in my RCBS was not drilled deep enough and was seating my rounds off of the tip of the bullet.

Not the greatest way to attain accuracy but was very good at smashing the plastic tip on several rounds  I drilled the cavity deeper to seat the bullet off of the ogive. Then I went back and had to re-seat 10 rounds that were not seated deep enough.  

I suppose the 10 rounds of Sierra 175gr HPBT I shot today were the same way, probably on the lands as I chambered the round.  Shot less than an 1" at 100yds though

mfn
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top