Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#1]

ABC NEWS
After hearing the Second Amendment verbatim, 73 percent in an ABCNEWS.com poll said it guarantees the right to individual gun ownership.

I don't give a rats ass what the respondents to this poll think.  It's what the original framers of the constitution meant and that is that the common, individual man (and woman) have the right to keep and bear arms.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

ABC NEWS
After hearing the Second Amendment verbatim, 73 percent in an ABCNEWS.com poll said it guarantees the right to individual gun ownership.

I don't give a rats ass what the respondents to this poll think.  It's what the original framers of the constitution meant and that is that the common, individual man (and woman) have the right to keep and bear arms.

Exactly.

"On every question of construction [of the Constitution] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." Thomas Jefferson, letter to Justice William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p 322.

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#3]
It's funny...they want to mandate the use of trigger locks, but I am able to cock and fire all 8 of my shotguns, rifles, and handguns with the trigger lock in place.  Sounds like someone needs to go back the the drawing board!  Trigger locks are crap and should never be use as far as I am concerned.  My next big purchase will be a gun safe.

A firearm is only as safe and secure as the person holding it!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF !!!....did you look at the poll results about stricter gun control laws....THE TWO CHOICES ARE FAVOR,..AND FAVOR STRONGLY......where the hell is DO NOT FAVOR!!??
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Calm down there dude.  

I think what they did was ask the question, "Do you favor stricter gun control?" and show the percentage that said yes.  Then asked (probably of those who answered yes to question 1) "Do you strongly favor stricter gun control?"

When you see that, say, 55% favored more gun control, then 45% did not.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
The anti-gunners are still smarting from when the govt said that owning gun is a personal right, and not a collective one. It is an important first step for the gunners, even with its except....   But keep in mind that Geo. W. Bush Jr. won't be in office forever. It could change when Hillary Clinton gets elected president in the future.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#7]
From Jeff Elkins:  "...What are the compelling state interests in forbidding law abiding Americans from purchasing magazines which hold more than ten rounds? The Bush administration supports this ban and wishes to extend it, forbidding sale of pre-bans and import of pre-bans. What are the compelling state interests in forbidding law abiding Americans from purchasing military pattern (NOT assault) rifles? That law is due to sunset in 2002 and the word is that the Bush administration will request that the solons of Capitol Hill make it permanent. What is the compelling state interest in requesting prison time for the owner of a semi-auto SKS with a pistol grip and a bayonet lug? Too many drive-by bayonet assaults in LA perhaps? The Bush administration supports these and every other unconstitutional gun law on the books. Of course we all know what the compelling state interests really are..."
Food for Thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top