Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 9:38:40 AM EDT
here you go, and yes, I reserved one...and for you CA boys, it looks to be LEGAL.....

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Yugoslavian_Model_59_SKS_Preorder.html

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I just odered one and a can of ammo

Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just odered one and a can of ammo

Thanks for the heads up

Anytime.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
here you go, and yes, I reserved one...and for you CA boys, it looks to be LEGAL.....

Only for dealers.  C&R FFL holders cannot order because they are not at least 50 years old.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only for dealers.  C&R FFL holders cannot order because they are not at least 50 years old.

I just ordered mine and all I have is a C&R and they took the order
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a C&R and they took my order, they also took my order for my UNISSUED SKS, 59/66, which was made in 1979.

I beleive the 01 status is for CA residents...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF are you smoking? A C&R gun does not have to be 50 years old. I have C&R guns that are less than 20 years old.

BTW

You see that little symbol in the lower right corner? Guess what it means.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]
what do you all think of those vs. the select grade SKS's on the aimsurplus site?  pro's/con's of either?  my C&R just came the other day and I"m ready to go on a shopping spree
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Well here is the Select Grade SKS I got from AIM...after I cleaned all the cosmoline off of it..

and my 2 SKS rifles, select grade and a service grade...

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#9]
That select grade has some nice looking wood
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:08:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To qualify for C&R status, a weapon
need either be more than 50 years
old or explicitly exempted by the
BATFE (pub AFT P 5300.11). The
Yugo rifles are exempt:

ATF Publication

I appreciate you trying to help, but
in the future, please do not state
things as fact if you do not know
them to be a fact. There are so many
half-truths about firearms laws and
C&Rs that this kind of offhanded
remark is not helpful.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, because C&R will often times refer to a weapon design that is 50 years old; ala SKS, while the actual weapon you purchase does not have to be 50 years old. Another thing, if you were to modify your SKS to have pistol grip, funky modern stock and folder then it would no longer be a C&R weapon. C&R requires the weapon to stay in its original state.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I think that one fellow was referring to those strange California C&R laws.  They are different.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Yes, because C&R will often times refer to a weapon design that is 50 years old; ala SKS, while the actual weapon you purchase does not have to be 50 years old. Another thing, if you were to modify your SKS to have pistol grip, funky modern stock and folder then it would no longer be a C&R weapon. C&R requires the weapon to stay in its original state.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
What makes this any more special then a normal Yugo? No gernade launcher?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#14]
That and the absence of the night sights.

The 59/66's were upgraded 59's.  Some of the 59/66's must have been newly manufactured if you believe the log books.

Mine was made in 1966 by the serial number and 1986 by the log book.

Pure speculation.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I agree, nothing special about that SKS, you can get an unissued SKS elsewhere for less money.

militarygunsupply.com/shop/

I got mine here, $139.95 very nice.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I pre-ordered one.

The main reason I ordered one is that I have an SKS rifle with the grenade launcher & flip up grenade front sight. I just don't care for those parts. I was actually wanting to have the grenade parts removed but then the rifle will look neutered. Also, that SKS is new condition with matching numbers so I think it will keep better value if I leave it alone.

This way I will have a shooter SKS and will be able to keep the other SKS in factory configuration.

Can't wait until it arrives.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#17]

They have not arrived at AIM yet

Looks like the wait is on
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I cancelled my order, I got something else instead.....
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#19]
What did you get?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Ok tell us what you found
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok tell us what you found

Nothing special, I just orderd some mags instead, I needed a few more mags for my Kimbers and 10/22....and AR........

Sorry to disappoint you....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Just received notice that it shipped, should be here Thursday.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Just received notice that it shipped, should be here Thursday.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#24]
I ordered a select grade SKS from AIM the other day.  Should have ordered a case of ammo too, but wasn't sure which of the 4 they have to select from shoots best.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Well My Yugo SKS showed up today   This thing looks like it made the march from Moscow to Berlin, and back to Moscow
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Is it an AIM rifle?

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Well My Yugo SKS showed up today   This thing looks like it made the march from Moscow to Berlin, and back to Moscow

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#27]
The Big Brown Truck just left.

I got my AIM M59 SKS.

I was hoping they'd send me a brand new unfired rilfe.<G>

With just a quick once over I'd rate this one as an upper VG or a lower Excellent.

It has a much darker wood stock than my 59/66.

The serial number on the bolt matches the one on the stock.

The bluing is dark.  A little bit gone on the buttplate and the edges of the magazine.  The gastube is not blued at all.  Don't know what's up there.

Nice rifle.

Didn't have to deal with people who speak english as a second language.  Just a pet peeve nowdays.

Dennis Jenkins
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine arrived this afternoon. I wish I could give a totally accurate condition but I've NEVER gotten a firearm so covered in grease!  Getting this thing clean is going to be a job and a half

But, through the grease the bluing looks 100% except for no bluing on the gas tube. Numbers match on the receiver, bolt & stock. Wood is dark in color but looks about 90%.

Getting this thing clean to check out the bore condition and internals is going to have to wait until the weekend.

Can't wait to get it to the range.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Mine arrived this afternoon. I wish I could give a totally accurate condition but I've NEVER gotten a firearm so covered in grease!

HA, get a Remington 1903A3 from the CMP, you only think that SKS is covered in grease...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#30]
That would be three now with no bluing on the gas tube.  I wonder what the deal is?

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Mine arrived this afternoon. I wish I could give a totally accurate condition but I've NEVER gotten a firearm so covered in grease!  Getting this thing clean is going to be a job and a half

But, through the grease the bluing looks 100% except for no bluing on the gas tube. Numbers match on the receiver, bolt & stock. Wood is dark in color but looks about 90%.

Getting this thing clean to check out the bore condition and internals is going to have to wait until the weekend.

Can't wait to get it to the range.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Is it an AIM rifle?

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Yes, Just arrived on Thursday Morning.

I would rate the blueing as poor to horseshit at best.

Stock has a couple of cracks in it and where I have wiped away the cosmoline the stock is all dried out.
Oh well I guess I should have ponied up another $50.00 for one of those Norincos in the EE
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:17:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Ok..reading all this, you guys helped me make up my mind..I want one!

Question.....
The Yugo SKS does not have a chromed barrel.  Should I be concerned about this?  Thats the only thing that was holding me back.  I wasnt sure if I should pick up a russian or chinese one instead.
Does anyone have any input regarding this?
Thanks
Spikentyke
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top