Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2004 8:58:34 AM EDT
Not all that familiar with the whole HK family, I have no clue what an MP-5 is called, other than the .223 version is an HK-53. Either way, are parts kits for these rifles avalible? Also who are good parts suppliers?

Thanks,
Jack
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The MP5 is the 9mm version (though it also came in .40SW and 10mm, those models are discontinued and difficult to find).  The HK-53 is the .223 version.

MP5 parts kits can be found at POF-USA or by checking some of the NFA for sale boards and asking the dealer to cut the kit up and send it to you after filing the correct ATF paper work.

www.pof-usa.com

www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi

You will also need a receiver to build a rifle.  You might get one from Special Weapons...
www.specialweaponsinc.com/Intropage.htm

Or wait for Ohio Rapid Fire or POF to build them (hopefully before the end of the year)

Another option would be to purchase a complete rifle from Bobcat Weapons or buy a bobcat from FAC...

www.bobcatweapons.com/html_pages/home.html

www.gunsnstuffonline.com/

Parts might also be available from Top Notch parts...

www.top-notchparts.com

Oh yeah, if you really want the .223 version, you can buy them from Vector Arms.  Very good reputation and customer service....

www.vectorarms.com

BUT... you should do some searching and reading here and at HKPro before buying anything.  Lots of information on Special Weapons, Top Notch, ORF, Investment Grade Firearms and others.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the wealth of information. After I complete my AK-74 kit (which arrived about 20 miniutes ago) I would then be looking for the next project. As it stand I was considering a Vector Uzi, Krinkov or some sort of HK (G3, 53, MP5).

Thanks again,
Jack
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone had any experience with the guns & stuff(FAC of america) kits?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
What Kind of internal parts do Bobcat weapons use? Are these guns quality or junk? I'm looking for a place to buy a SBR MP5 and MP5K and I don't know where to go; I've been waiting on ORF but it's taking a long time and I'm getting really tired waiting.

Jerad
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]
ORF should have receivers in about a month.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What Kind of internal parts do Bobcat weapons use? Are these guns quality or junk? I'm looking for a place to buy a SBR MP5 and MP5K and I don't know where to go; I've been waiting on ORF but it's taking a long time and I'm getting really tired waiting.

Jerad

ORF is worth the wait.

If you still want to go with Bobact/Special Weapons, just flush your wallet down the toilet and hit yourself in the head with a hammer.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Had Jayson at IGF build me a POF/SW/HK 94 and it is really sweet.  Runs like a top and has only two FTF in 1200 rds, using 115gr wally world.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:51:07 AM EDT
[#8]
WaMag,
If you don't mind me asking, what did the IGF-94 run you cost wise?

Do you have pics?

Thanks,
ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Dont have a camera but it looks exactly like this one....

http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=forsale;action=display;num=1074139972

When it was all said and done I think that I have a little over $1700 in to it.
Mine was built on a POF kit and SW receiver.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Heard the ORF is the primo gun.  Todd is one of the good guys.  As far as special weapons goes, my SW45 works just fine so far, but machining grease gun mags to fit is a pain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top