Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 6:45:57 PM EDT
Changing out my telestock on my calvary arms shotgun stock and wanted to know that once I remove the ring on the stock the tube should come out by hand? I'm guessing that its the same as a regular AR. I have a armors wrench from bushmanster and it has a device to remove the ring, but mentioned nothing about having anything to remove the tube. Any advice welcome, Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Not exactly sure what your describing.

The ring unscrews and the stock can be turned counterclockwise till it comes off, then you should have the adapter, the stock, the ring, and that other ring that has the tab in it for the adapter

It's not very complicated.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I think he's asking whether he needs a tool to remove the receiver extension tube after he has loosened the nut (ie, how tight is the tube?).

The answer is, no.  As the tube is usually backed off a bit to align the indexing dimple before the nut is tightened down, it is almost never screwed in very tight.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think he's asking whether he needs a tool to remove the receiver extension tube after he has loosened the nut (ie, how tight is the tube?).

The answer is, no.  As the tube is usually backed off a bit to align the indexing dimple before the nut is tightened down, it is almost never screwed in very tight.

I haven't removed anything yet because I'm still waiting for the wrench to come via UPS. I'm talking about removing the buffer tube because I want to put a Voltor collapseable stock on the current SST unit.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
AH SUCCESS! got my busmaster wrench in today and changed the tube real easy, eaven though there was red loctight it can off no prob. added some blue loctie when I put the voltor stock on and now its even better then before!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top