Maybe we can get a tack on this once is said and done but I have some questions on form 5300.38 pertaining specifically to C&R holders. Mainly due to the fact a C&R FFL is for collecting, not a business. I know I could call them and get help with the form but it would be nice to have to have all our answers here (instead of each of us calling if the need arises).
I'll proceed by block number.
1. Name of owner or corporation - Self explanatory
2. SSN - Self explanatory
3. DOB - Self explanatory
4. Trade or business name (if any) - I assume leave this area blank or should n/a be written in?
5. FFL number - Self explanatory
6. Current business address - Current address
7. New business address - New address
8. Current mailing address - What should be entered if they are the same as item 10?
9. New mailing address - What should be entered if they are the same as item 11?
10. Current home address - Self explanatory
11. New home address - Self explanatory
12 and 13. Phone numbers - Self explanatory
14 and 15. Leave blank (not applicable here)
16. Hours of operation - Leave blank
17. Leave blank (not applicable here)
18. Will any other business, other than that for which the license was issued be conducted on the new premises? - I assume the answer is No if this is your residence.
19. Licensee's new premises are owned, leased, or rented. - Self explanatory
20. Not applicable here
21. Indicate type of business premises at the new location - Select whichever box applies to you
22, 23, and 24. - I'm pretty sure these don't apply since a business is not being conducted, yes?
Items 6 and 7 should be filled in with your old and new premises addresses.
Answer Number 21 on residential type.
In the title block after the signature, enter collector.
Be sure and send the original copy of your license back with the form. It is required by 27CFR, 478.52.
Thanks EOD, I also didn't know I was required to send back the original.