Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/8/2002 11:05:22 AM EST
OK, maybe a stupid question. When you "chamber a round", do you chamber it into the breech, or the barrel?

Webster's Dictionary, Breechblock, def., "In the mechanism of breech-loading firearms, the steel block which closes the rear of the bore against the force of the charge."

Sounds like you chamber thru the breech and into the barrel. (?)
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 12:04:30 PM EST
The "chamber" is an extension of the barrel I believe. Another more knowledgeable member will verify or deny this.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:00:00 PM EST
Top Top