Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2003 4:13:51 PM EDT
A couple came into my local shop, and damn they look great for the money.  Anybody have one?
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
New to me, what is it ?
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Rearsenaled Cetmes built on Century receivers, nicely refinished with new G3 furniture.  Was really impressed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
see this current thread (a couple of posts into it) fo some CETME links and info.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=210042

and for some really nice wood furniture...
www.centerfiresystems.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CSI&Product_Code=HKSTOCKWD
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I just got one. I was able to look a few over and pick the best one. I did a lot of reading over at www.cetmerifles.com and on the gunboards cetme forum. I cleaned it really well. They come filthy from CIA. Worked the action by hand a few hundred times to break it in. Took it to the range and put about 140 rounds through it without a single problem. Recoil was really nice on this rifle. It was also pretty accurate. It was shooting high (fixed with a site tool) but very straight. Now some people have had problems with them. But I think if you know what to look for and can find a good one, they are a nice little rifle for the money. Just my $.02
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I too bought a Century "Black Widow" of recent. I concur, mine was filthy - but cleaned up nicely. So far, I've put about 300 rounds through the rifle, with only one problem: with the G3/HK91 Alloy magazines I repeatedly get FTE/FTF and jams of every sort imaginable. However, once I switched over to G3/HK91 Steel mags, I've had not one problem. I've found mine to be of decent accuracy: 3-4" groups at 100yds with Port and SA. All in all it's a fine $300 MBR.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I'm going to go the HK91 clone route instead.  For $775, Todd at Ohio Rapid Fire, will build me a decent clone.  I like there work, I'll ready have a hk93 from them.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#7]
WaMag,

I have a 53 from them and am trying to scrape the money together for a 51...we seem to have the same interests, I just like the shorter guns.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Ya the hk 91 clone looks sweet, and I dont have a rifle in 308 yet.  Also am looking at a SL8 to put in the back of a closet just in case I want to make a SL8/G36 clone in the future.

But that Hk94 clone looks great also. I asked Todd about there being a 3 lug under the suppressor and haven't heard back from them yet. Does anybody know?  If it does I might convert it to a short barrel in the future.  But right now I'm trying to purchase as many and as diiferent rifles as I can, before the antis figure out a way to get rid of the 2nd admendment, with their judges.  The HK seem to be more rare and then I'll get the different types later.

PS DOnt forget to vote!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top