Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 6:54:22 PM EDT
I was looking at a Century Cetme at the local gun shop today and was wondering what if anything I should pay particular attention to on these.  This one had a black polymer stock set on it.  Is there anything that stands out as particularly sh!tty on these?  I think it looks like it would be fun, but at the same time don't want to waste my money on a piece of crap that won't ever work right.

If they are decent, what's a good price to pay and where should I look for what accessories?

Alot of questions and a thank you in advance for your responses.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi m3877,

First off, with the CETMEs, you need to determine if you are purchasing one with a bolt that has been grounded.  If the dealer will allow you to take out the bolt carrier and bolt, take a look the back of the bolt.  There should still be some bluing on it as well as the curved edges.  If there isn't any indication of either, then it most certainly is a bolt that has been grounded.  Check for headspace on gapping by using some feeler guages...heck, just visit this site to get all the info: http://www.cetmerifles.com/forum/index.php

The CETME that comes in the synthetic G3 stock is called the Black Widow.  The current ones from CAI are now required to have the MB removed because of some odd reason.  I suggest that you pick up one with a cast receiver and preferably sporting the wood buttstock and forearm, but that is my personal preference.  I have one of each.

As for pricing of these rifles, they can be had for around $339 with 3 20 round mags and a 5 rounder.

HTH
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
By MB I assume you mean muzzle brake.  This one had one, though.  I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I didn't check to see what it came with, but I assume all of the should come with the same number of magazines?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I meant muzzle break.

As for the number of mags, they usually come with the 3 20s and 1 5, but some dealers will give or take a couple.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking at prices for an idea if its a good deal or not and checked Century's to see how many mags they ship with it.  Looking at the pictures it is actually the G-3 Sporter seen here...

I'm not sure if this makes much of a difference, but looking at prices it seems most are asking a little bit more for this one than the CETME listed on the site.  I'm pretty sure I'll be picking this up tomorrow.  We shall see.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:33:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Look to pay between $100-150 more for a G3.  If you can afford it, get it over a CETME.  Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top