Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2001 2:10:18 PM EDT
I mean, how much higher are they from the regular factory peep sights.  I ask because I have a 20" HBAR that I would like to scope out, but am curious to know if the scope mounts that mount on the carry handles are way to high to be of much good.  Are they awkward to look through?  Would I be better off just getting a flat top uppper, and then would the front sight cause distortion?  Thanks

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:38:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The scope will be high enough that you can't get a proper cheek wield to the butstock without one of the add on cheekpieces.The front sight will not be a problem on a flat top,it will be out of focus and just a shadow.  I have a Cherokee cheekpeice that don't like so I took it off,do you want it for$30.00 plus shipping?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, but I think I will go with a flat top upper instead.

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#3]
about this high... for a red dot works great!
http://www.velocity.net/~digital/webphotos/M4_web.jpg
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#4]
How high?  Somewhere between "Too Damn" and "Oxygen required beyond this Point".

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're going to put a scope on it, I'd highly recommend getting a flattop.  That way, you can do it either way you want.  Much more flexible.  I've tried a scope on top of the carry handle on by Bushy, and it's too high.  I can barely get a "chin weld" and see through the scope.  Not very steady.

Plus, the scope has to be too far back, at least on my setup.  Maybe I just had a long scope.  Dunno.  If you're looking through the front sight, get a scope that can do at least 5 or 6 power.  Any less, and the blur will drive you nuts.  Either that or get a "flattop" gas block.

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no problem with a gooseneck and a aimpoimt.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
about this high... for a red dot works great!

My brother did the same setup as yours, Too high! Put a swansleeve on that thing and now its functional. Oh yeah, put the 4 & some odd inches on the barrel length. There you go.
GG
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Not too high at all shoots great shot groups and is beautiful for fast accusition to target. I love it like it is!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]
My Trijicon A.C.O.G. compact mounts low enough on the handle to not cause a problem.  Works for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top