Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 9:55:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2004 9:57:45 PM EST by JarHead94]
Anyone plan to put a CAR stock on their Bushy Carbon-15? I am contemplating this. I believe all that has to be changed out is the buffer tube/stock assembly, and use a USGI bolt carrier with the factory bolt. Am I headed in the right direction?

JH94

Just to clarify............ I bought the allocated Bushy pitol from Davidsons (its pretty cool). My plan is to SBR it, I just want to make sure its legal to turn a pistol into an SBR......... Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:33:55 AM EST
Somebody just did this....there is a recent thread somewhere here about it
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:51:51 AM EST
The gunshow I was at last went had Bushmaster Carbon 15 rifles with CAR stocks. I think they were factory maybe check out Bushmasters website.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:07:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2004 4:08:39 AM EST by HK_DUDE]
I know one guy that just did this.....me...lol

E-mail if you want some pics.....my pic provider is sucking right now, so I can't upload any new ones.

It can be done, I added a RRA s position M4 style stock, the buffer tube screwed in very tight, but it worked....be careful when doing this, I would hate to break the receiver or something. I then used the lock plate that came with the stock.....drilled a hole in it (in the proper location) and reversed it so the bump was facing away from the receiver.....but a allen head screw through the hole in the lock plate and into the factory hole in the receiver.

This would be a different story with the rifle, but this is what I did with my pistol (SBR) and it works perfect.

UZI4you...you may have even shot mine.....at the Horace shooting park a few weekends ago.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:49:46 PM EST
Thanks for the replys gents,

HK Dude...............email inbound

JH94
Top Top