Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2001 12:44:29 PM EDT
When its a cold winter day with nothing much to do, and lots of AR parts handy, what's a guy to do? Reconfigure!

I like the way these turned out, so I think I'll leave them this way, though I may add flip up rear sights to the one with the OKO.

Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Schweeeeet!  The only thing I am gonna gripe about is that they both appear to be postbans because they have brakes on rather than flash suppressors, yet they have the "fake folder."  A "fake folder" is silly, like a bayo lug with the ears filed off so it won't take a bayo.

Hell maybe they're prebans and you have your own reasons for putting brakes on them.  Tell me I am wrong . . .
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, they're both post-bans. The fake tele-stocks weigh just under 7 ounces less than an A2 stock, so the weight savings is why they are there. The bottom one weighs right around 6 lbs, even with all the stuff hanging on it. Haven't weighed the top one yet, but it has a much heavier barrel.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, David... you just gotta do something with that tasco!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Gunbert espoused:

Nice, David... you just gotta do something with that tasco!

Ever use one of the PDP5CMP sights? The selectable dot sizes (4,6,8,12 MOA) and the big tube (45mm) make it very versatile. And they've been pretty rugged on other guns I've used them on. The tube is big enough not to get in the way of the iron sights, too.

I've got glass worth more than the rifles on a couple of my guns, I just haven't been motivated to do the same for a CQB gun. Now that I'm about AR'd out in terms of different guns, I'll probably start playing with the expensive optics, I'm just not in a rush

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top