Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/30/2002 3:03:46 PM EDT
I just had a carbine built from all colt parts. It's a M4 barrel with the 9-1 twist with a Kurts Kustom muzzle break installed and m4 handguards as well. So far the performance is not what I expected. I'm use to shooting a 20' match rifle. Can someone tell me what type of accuracy I can expect from this thing? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:30:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:36:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2002 5:47:20 PM EDT by Vinnie]
They were steel plates. The pepper poppers would have been tough to see at 400 yards with the haze we were having.

Also we were fireing from an elevated position (about 25 feet).

I did better with the 400 yard plates then the closer plates due to the barrel/sight relation.

You forgot to mention the HALO jump in from 30,000 feet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:44:22 PM EDT
Well, I actually have a witness for this story!! (and that doesn't happen often)

FrankSquid and I were at the range a couple of weekends ago and he let me use his carbine with an ACOG on it. It was my first time using an ACOG but I was very pleased to be easily nailing clay pigeons at 200yds. This is a known measured range... I'd call that respectable.

BTW, that ACOG is NICE glass. I think I want one now. As crisp and clear as any Leupold I've seen!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 3:44:33 PM EDT
You might check out the information and questions on your first post.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:29:22 AM EDT
Assuming you are using iron sights, then you shoud get 3-4" groups @100 yards maybe a little better if your good on the trigger. The shortys sight radious.....well, sucks. That's why everybody sticks acogs and red dots on them. When they are set up like that they are awesome (maybe the greatest CQB rifle ever) and your groups should shrink in size. IMHO, a carbine is a CQ weapon, not to be used over 100-1500 yards. The short barrel takes away a lot of velocity also so M193 should be used (thanks Troy and Tajana!)

Yes I did see FMJunkies "lucky shots", LoL. I have a lot of money invested in that carbine, it BETTER be able to nail pigeons @ 200!

onebaddude, I am all over NJ and NY shooting (and BSing) lets meetup and maybe we can try some differnt ammos, triggers and sights and see what works on your rifle. I should have my 2002 LEGP next week if you would like to see that too.
Top Top