Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/20/2002 6:02:38 AM EDT
I have a flattop shorty AR, with an accessory rail system up front and the removable handle. I have been toying with the idea of keeping the handle on, and moving the Eotech Holosight out to the handguard, so I can use both holosight or iron sights, without having to drop $$$ for a rear sight that I already have on the carry handle.

It looks odd, but the sights are both usable. If I use the wide aperture on the rear sights, I can use the holosight very easily. If I want the iron sights alone, I can use them through the window of the holosight.

Is this a dumb idea? I have not yet tried this arrangement out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:09:42 AM EDT
Sounds fesable to be, but the only way to be shure is to go to the range and try it, allot.

As if you need a reason to go shoot

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:44:22 AM EDT
You need this from California Comp. Works. I am considering the same setup.

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:01:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2002 8:02:31 AM EDT by SMGLee]
You will not need any extra mount since you have an accessory handguard.

I have seen a couple of SEAL team guy do that. They mount their Reflex NSN right on the forward portion of their RAS. since RAS cinch down okay, you have a red dot with back iron that is actually your detachable handle. I think this will work just fine for the EO tech. What kind of handguard do you have?? becasue if it is a free float deal, the accuracy is not lost, but a handguard like RAS will degrade your long range accuracy since the RAS type handguard is not a solid mounting base. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:11:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SMGLee:
You will not need any extra mount since you have an accessory handguard.

I have seen a couple of SEAL team guy do that. They mount their Reflex NSN right on the forward portion of their RAS. since RAS cinch down okay, you have a red dot with back iron that is actually your detachable handle. I think this will work just fine for the EO tech. What kind of handguard do you have?? becasue if it is a free float deal, the accuracy is not lost, but a handguard like RAS will degrade your long range accuracy since the RAS type handguard is not a solid mounting base. Good luck.

I have an Oly FIRSH... it needs to be tightened up before I trust it for a scope mount (my Oly is still roley), but I'm thinking the basic premise is sound. It looks goofy, but shouldn't change my aiming point, and I have a KA vert foregrip, so the weight distribution won't be a problem either.

The whole point is to get the effect of all the funky hardware without paying extra... I have all the components, just not in a fashionable form.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:13:35 AM EDT
The Oly Firsh is a FF unit, as long as you can tight it down, you shouldn't have any proglem.

I actually think it looks pretty bitchen. post some pictures when you are done.
Top Top