Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 10:54:46 PM EDT
I just sent my application in yesterday along with a copy to my local CLEO.

I hope I can get it in a timely manner.  

Okay, when I do get the license, I DON'T sign the original, make copies and sign each one in BLUE ink and mail it to the dealers that I want to do business with, correct?  

When I order online, how do I let them know that they have my C&R on file?  I know these may seem like common sense questions, but I hate setbacks and I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Okay, when I do get the license, I DON'T sign the original, make copies and sign each one in BLUE ink and mail it to the dealers that I want to do business with, correct?

Correct, unless they specify it being signed in a different color.  If their website doesn't specify then blue should be fine.

When I order online, how do I let them know that they have my C&R on file? I know these may seem like common sense questions, but I hate setbacks and I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Just to be on the safe side give them a call to confirm they have received a copy of your C&R before you order anything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]
When I sent out my order, I added a letter asking to be placed on their mailing list.

If I get their catalog or e-mail flyer, they recived my C&R.

Otherwise, just call first. I had to send 2 copies to Empire Arms, since my first one never arrived.

Av.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I asked for catalogs from everyone as well.  I actually received a letter back from one company that advertises C&R firearms that told me they preferred to deal with FFL's only.  Don't sign the original, use blue or red ink on the copies.  

Start saving some cash, there are tons of C&R rifles available.  You'll want one of just about everything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
A couple of tips.

1 - If you have access to a scanner, scan the original and save it as a .pdf or something.  This makes it much easier to generate copies at will later when you don't have a copy machine handy.  Put your original in your gun safe and you never have to take it out again.

2 - Your signature can be in any color except black.  Red, blue, pink, purple, green, whatever...this practice simply ensures that it is an easily identified actual signature.

3 - Don't forget to send a copy to Brownells and Midway.  The discounts they offer will pay for your license in very short order.  For me, my first Brownells order with dealer pricing paid for my C&R.

4 - Hide all your credit cards from yourself because you'll be broke and massively in debt in short order.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.  I will be saving my money by living off of Cup-O-Noodles....
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  I will be saving my money by living off of Cup-O-Noodles....

That styrofoam tastes like crap. I like the empty Hearty Man T.V. dinner trays myself.

ED
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
The scanning is an excellent idea, then you can just print out a copy any time you want.  And if you were to be an idiot and accidently sign your orginal, then you would have a blank copy.  

Not that I know anyone that stupid... recently, like in the last year...

Ed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top