Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2007 6:01:20 PM EDT
Searched all over and can't find it online.  Any suggestions?  I just realized that my license expires tomorrow and the ATF never sent me a renewal application.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Call or email them on Monday. I ruined my original renewal form and after emailing them I had new forms in a week.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont think they automatically send you one.  Thats govt waste. (o the horrors)
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#3]
If it is expired, you will have to reapply for a new one again, like the first time. There is no "grace period" to renew an expired one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I dont think they automatically send you one.  Thats govt waste. (o the horrors)

They sent me one just last month.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They sent me one just last month.

Ditto.

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
If it is expired, you will have to reapply for a new one again, like the first time. There is no "grace period" to renew an expired one.

That's what I was afraid of.  I think I'll just let it go then.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Give them a call. I did the same thing last year and they faxed me a renewal form and I mailed it back in the same day. As long as it was postmarked before the expiration, they were happy.

I don't remember her name but she sounded to me  like a beautiful black woman and was as nice as can be.

It was funny, I told her how pleasantly surprised I was at the courtesy and professional customer service (from tha BATFE )and she laughed and said..."I hear that all the time "
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I did leave out a couple of facts.  

I filed for a change of address in August.  I had heard nothing from the BATF and called them on Tuesday or Wednesday of last week.  They said the new license was on its way to me.  I stated that alot of good that would do, it expires on Saturday.  They said they'd send me a renewal form.  It arrived today!  Kind of disappointed as the BATF held onto my license from August through November, knew my address had changed, didn't send me a renewal application until I asked, and the renewal application arrived after expiration.  Sure, I probably should have called before last week but it was kind of easy to forget since I didn't have the license in my possession.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top