Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/30/2007 6:01:20 PM EDT
Searched all over and can't find it online. Any suggestions? I just realized that my license expires tomorrow and the ATF never sent me a renewal application.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:14:36 PM EDT
Call or email them on Monday. I ruined my original renewal form and after emailing them I had new forms in a week.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:26:19 PM EDT
I dont think they automatically send you one. Thats govt waste. (o the horrors)
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:35:13 AM EDT
If it is expired, you will have to reapply for a new one again, like the first time. There is no "grace period" to renew an expired one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 12:04:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 12:17:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mbsk01:

Originally Posted By Furner:

They sent me one just last month.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:39:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BuzzWindrip:

Originally Posted By Mbsk01:

Originally Posted By Furner:

They sent me one just last month.

Ditto.

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:29:29 PM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By jackb:
If it is expired, you will have to reapply for a new one again, like the first time. There is no "grace period" to renew an expired one.

That's what I was afraid of. I think I'll just let it go then.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:38:58 PM EDT
Give them a call. I did the same thing last year and they faxed me a renewal form and I mailed it back in the same day. As long as it was postmarked before the expiration, they were happy.

I don't remember her name but she sounded to me like a beautiful black woman and was as nice as can be.

It was funny, I told her how pleasantly surprised I was at the courtesy and professional customer service (from tha BATFE )and she laughed and said..."I hear that all the time "
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:26:37 PM EDT
I did leave out a couple of facts.

I filed for a change of address in August. I had heard nothing from the BATF and called them on Tuesday or Wednesday of last week. They said the new license was on its way to me. I stated that alot of good that would do, it expires on Saturday. They said they'd send me a renewal form. It arrived today! Kind of disappointed as the BATF held onto my license from August through November, knew my address had changed, didn't send me a renewal application until I asked, and the renewal application arrived after expiration. Sure, I probably should have called before last week but it was kind of easy to forget since I didn't have the license in my possession.
Top Top