Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/1/2006 5:09:50 AM EST
I live in an apartment and would prefer to not have firearms shipped there as any shipments received are left out in the open clubhouse by my apartment manager. Can I use my office as my mailing address on my C&R license as I am always there to receive shipments?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:47:42 AM EST
The address listed on your license is where the C&R firearms are stored.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:55:15 AM EST
height=8
Originally Posted By dougwtx:
The address listed on your license is where the C&R firearms are stored.

So, even though there is a space for "applicants address" and "mailing address", I need to list the address where they are stored in both? Just trying to clarify. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:12:08 AM EST
It would be best to call the BATFE to make sure; but I have heard the mailing address can be anything, even a PO Box, but the firearms still must be shipped to the "premise address".
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:12:57 AM EST
height=8
It would be best to call the BATFE to make sure; but I have heard the mailing address can be anything, even a PO Box, but the firearms still must be shipped to the "premise address".

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:17:37 AM EST
You're welcome. Someone else may chime in with a more definite answer.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 11:07:14 AM EST
the "surplus rifle" website that goes over how to fill out the form just says its the "mailing address." I'm not sure if you have to store the rifles there, conisdering that the CR can be obtained by a corporation or a LLC.

I'd ask the ATF. Or call the Sheriff and ask them, they might know.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 11:11:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2006 11:13:22 AM EST by Bladeswitcher]

Originally Posted By smunns:
I live in an apartment and would prefer to not have firearms shipped there as any shipments received are left out in the open clubhouse by my apartment manager. Can I use my office as my mailing address on my C&R license as I am always there to receive shipments?

The short answer is no, or at least probably not.

But I've got to tell you, the UPS/Fed Ex drivers are NOT going to be leaving your C&R shipments on the doorstep. They simply will not do it with gun shipments. They may also not let your apartment manager sign for them. In any case, all you have to do is instruct UPS to hold these shipments for pickup.

I'm almost never home when my C&Rs arrive so I always have to run down to the UPS depot with my little yellow slip in hand. It's a common problem but not that big of a deal.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:49:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bladeswitcher:
But I've got to tell you, the UPS/Fed Ex drivers are NOT going to be leaving your C&R shipments on the doorstep. They simply will not do it with gun shipments.

I came home from work one day and had a Walther P38 on my doorstep. Just sitting there with a big adult signature requires sticker on it.

I agree that it's uncommon for this to happen but it has.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:03:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2006 6:05:23 AM EST by EOD_Guy]

The premises address and the mailing address can be different. Firearms can be shipped to any address, even one not listed on the license. However, no one is going to ship to an address other than one of those on the license unless the recipient is personally known to them.
Top Top