Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2005 9:59:22 PM EDT
I recently got my C&R license and also have the C&R record pack from RK Enterprises out of Santa Barbara, CA.  One of the books is a Personal Firearms Acquisition and Disposition Record Book.  On the inside cover page there is a statement

"Acquisitions (Buying) of Personal Firearms by FFL Dealers and Collectors of Curios & Relics ....

COLLECTORS:  Only enter firearms into this Personal Firearms Record Book that you acquire without your C&R FFL.  If you use your C&R FFL to acquire a firearms, it must be entered in your Collector Record Book."

What I interpret this as saying is that if I buy a firearm, that is not a C&R, I must enter it into the personal firearms bound book.  Is this right?  I thought you only had to enter C&R firearms in a bound book and nothing else.  Any insight into this is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
An 03 does nothing for non-03 guns.

That using your license bit is pretty controversial also.

I'd use their books and ignore their advice.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I recently got my C&R license and also have the C&R record pack from RK Enterprises out of Santa Barbara, CA.  One of the books is a Personal Firearms Acquisition and Disposition Record Book.  On the inside cover page there is a statement

"Acquisitions (Buying) of Personal Firearms by FFL Dealers and Collectors of Curios & Relics ....

COLLECTORS:  Only enter firearms into this Personal Firearms Record Book that you acquire without your C&R FFL.  If you use your C&R FFL to acquire a firearms, it must be entered in your Collector Record Book."

What I interpret this as saying is that if I buy a firearm, that is not a C&R, I must enter it into the personal firearms bound book.  Is this right?  I thought you only had to enter C&R firearms in a bound book and nothing else.  Any insight into this is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:36:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe it really says, "firearms aquired with your C&R FFL need to be placed into the log."  When I got mine, I was told only those needed to be logged, those acquired outside the C&R need not be logged, unless you subsequently sell them, and then they go in the log.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I believe it really says, "firearms aquired with your C&R FFL need to be placed into the log."  When I got mine, I was told only those needed to be logged, those acquired outside the C&R need not be logged, unless you subsequently sell them, and then they go in the log.

The regulation says that all C&R firearms acquired while licensed must be logged. It does not matter if you use your license or not.   BATF has reaffirmed this in a couple of different letters, including one to all licensees, over the last few years.

Non C&R firearms do not need to be logged at all.  The personal firearms A&D record is for Type 01 licensees.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
To beat the dead horse one more time.  If you owned a C&R firearm before getting your license, you do not need to enter it into your book UNLESS you dispose of the firearm while having your C&R license, then it must be logged into your book as coming from your personal collection, then out to whoever you sold it to.   ANY C&R firearm purchased after you get your C&R must be entered into the book, regardless of whether you used your C&R to buy it or not.
No non-C&R firearm is entered into the C&R bound book regardless of when you bought (buy) it.
For lots of C&R info, including free bound book pages, check out Milsurpshooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top