Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/4/2005 9:59:22 PM EDT
I recently got my C&R license and also have the C&R record pack from RK Enterprises out of Santa Barbara, CA. One of the books is a Personal Firearms Acquisition and Disposition Record Book. On the inside cover page there is a statement

"Acquisitions (Buying) of Personal Firearms by FFL Dealers and Collectors of Curios & Relics ....

COLLECTORS: Only enter firearms into this Personal Firearms Record Book that you acquire without your C&R FFL. If you use your C&R FFL to acquire a firearms, it must be entered in your Collector Record Book."

What I interpret this as saying is that if I buy a firearm, that is not a C&R, I must enter it into the personal firearms bound book. Is this right? I thought you only had to enter C&R firearms in a bound book and nothing else. Any insight into this is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 10:02:09 PM EDT
An 03 does nothing for non-03 guns.

That using your license bit is pretty controversial also.

I'd use their books and ignore their advice.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By smithwilliamr3:
I recently got my C&R license and also have the C&R record pack from RK Enterprises out of Santa Barbara, CA. One of the books is a Personal Firearms Acquisition and Disposition Record Book. On the inside cover page there is a statement

"Acquisitions (Buying) of Personal Firearms by FFL Dealers and Collectors of Curios & Relics ....

COLLECTORS: Only enter firearms into this Personal Firearms Record Book that you acquire without your C&R FFL. If you use your C&R FFL to acquire a firearms, it must be entered in your Collector Record Book."

What I interpret this as saying is that if I buy a firearm, that is not a C&R, I must enter it into the personal firearms bound book. Is this right? I thought you only had to enter C&R firearms in a bound book and nothing else. Any insight into this is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:36:25 AM EDT
I believe it really says, "firearms aquired with your C&R FFL need to be placed into the log." When I got mine, I was told only those needed to be logged, those acquired outside the C&R need not be logged, unless you subsequently sell them, and then they go in the log.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:54:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jenec:
I believe it really says, "firearms aquired with your C&R FFL need to be placed into the log." When I got mine, I was told only those needed to be logged, those acquired outside the C&R need not be logged, unless you subsequently sell them, and then they go in the log.

The regulation says that all C&R firearms acquired while licensed must be logged. It does not matter if you use your license or not. BATF has reaffirmed this in a couple of different letters, including one to all licensees, over the last few years.

Non C&R firearms do not need to be logged at all. The personal firearms A&D record is for Type 01 licensees.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:26:53 PM EDT
To beat the dead horse one more time. If you owned a C&R firearm before getting your license, you do not need to enter it into your book UNLESS you dispose of the firearm while having your C&R license, then it must be logged into your book as coming from your personal collection, then out to whoever you sold it to. ANY C&R firearm purchased after you get your C&R must be entered into the book, regardless of whether you used your C&R to buy it or not.
No non-C&R firearm is entered into the C&R bound book regardless of when you bought (buy) it.
For lots of C&R info, including free bound book pages, check out Milsurpshooter.
Top Top