Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2003 6:10:12 AM EDT
It only took 10 weeks to get here.  To who's attention do you put the envelope when you're mailing company's a copy of your license?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's a big dealer (Century, etc.) I send them to the sales department.  If it's a one or 2-man show, direct to that person (e.g., Empire Arms).

-hanko
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I need to get going on this... most of the rifles and such I want to collect are C&R, so it would help out a lot!  

Any tips on the process?  Isn't it just filling out an ap, and sending it to the ATF with $30?  Don't you also have to send it to your county sheriff or something?

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Copy to the local Chief LEO in your area w/a  note that you are applying for your C&R

visit www.cruffler.com for great info
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Got mine in on Monday...took about 6weeks. Copies are all made and making up envelopes tonite :)
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Found the forms on Cruffler.com!  Thanks for the link!  Printed two copies, so I can send to the AFT and my CLEO.  

One question... you don't have to type everything on the form, do you?  You can handwrite it in, right?  

Just gotta figure out who the CLEO is around here!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I hand printed all of mine.  Call your local PD Dispatch, they'll have his name and mailing address.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, hand printed mine as well.  If anybody wants a copy of my C&R vendor list in Word format, just drop me an email.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine took 6 weeks.  Send a licence copy to Brownell's. Brownell's

You will like the discount, the C&R licence will get you .
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you guys include a letter or anything when you send your license in?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I just send along a note asking them to file my license for future purchases and to put me on their mailing list, if applicable.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I didn't.  The vendors handle so many licenses, I didn't think it was necessary.  All vendors that I've dealt with have had my license info on-file when I called.

A cover letter probably wouldn't hurt if you feel so inclined.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the club and be prepared to buy all sorts of really cool toys that otherwise you would have no use for. I would also recommend getting into reloading, alot of C&R toys use expensive or rare ammo.
Had my license for about ten years now, I love it.
Also add Midway USA to the list of retailers giving C&R discounts.
My fav retailers to deal with are....
(In no particular order)
SOG
AIM
WG&A
SARCO
TAPCO
Numrich
SAMCO
Navy Arms
and many others I can't recall as I sit here and type.
Good luck and have fun :)
BTW, just random collecting at first or are you interested in anything in particular?
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm after a Yugo SKS first.  I also want a M1903 Springfield.  There are a couple of others I've eyed in various issues of shotgun news, like an Egyptian or Turkish Mauser, and one of those Nazi stamped rifles.  Other than that, it will just be random collecting for a while.  

I'll have to add Numrich, I didn't think of them when the first batch went out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top