Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 3:48:30 PM EDT
I have my application here but I'm confused about a few things, I tried looking at that tacked thread but that thing is a mess, and most of it seems to refer to the old 2 part form, it's all 1 part now, so anyway heres my questions:

Can I use abreviations? Some of those spots are pretty small, so can I for example use MI for Michigan, and M for male, mm/dd/yy format for dates, etc. or do I have to try and squeeze the whole words in?

What do I put for the non applicable sections?, like number 3 my mailing address is the same so do I just leave it blank, or put N/A or what, and not just 3 eighther any of the lines, boxes, questions whatever that don't apply to me do I just leave them blank or put N/A?

On number 9 what do I put as my position?, would collector work?

Also on 9 when it asks for all my addresses for the last 5 years does it want them in ascending or descending order?, should I list the dates?, do I seperate them with a line?, do I include my current address?

Still on 9 do theywant city and state of birth, or city or state?

On number 10 is this where they incorporated the "certificate of complience"?, and do I sighn as the person certifying complience on 10a?, how about the rest do I leave it blank, put N/A, or what?

On 14 do I put the CLEO's home address, or the address of the police station?

On 15 again what do I put as my title?, collector?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I started to answer your questions but then I looked at my copy of the form and the numbers (such as 14 for CLEO) do not match up with my form.  You must have a new form.

I checked the ATF site for a 5310.16 and couldn't find a downloadable one.

Do you have the link for the 5310.16?

On my now-obsolete form, I didn't abbreviate anything.  I think I put "same" for the mailing addy.  I put collector.  

HTH
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't download it I ordered it, it's a green form 4 pages long, the first 2 are labled ATF Copy, the second 2 are identical to the first 2 except there labled CLEO copy, and question 8 where you would put credit card information is blacked out.  It's not carbon paper so the second 2 sheets must be filled out by hand as well, however there is no longer a need for a photo copier, the seperate certificate of complience form has been eliminated, and apparently incorporated into this new form, I think it's question 10.  I believe this is basicly the same form as before they just rearanged it, so the numbers don't match up but I believe the questions are the same, so if you could give me a best guess, it would probably be helpful.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I believe this is basicly the same form as before they just rearanged it, so the numbers don't match up but I believe the questions are the same, so if you could give me a best guess, it would probably be helpful.

Quoted:

Can I use abreviations? Some of those spots are pretty small, so can I for example use MI for Michigan, and M for male, mm/dd/yy format for dates, etc. or do I have to try and squeeze the whole words in?Use a fine point pen.  Do no abbreviate state.  Dates are 10/31/2006.

What do I put for the non applicable sections?, like number 3 my mailing address is the same so do I just leave it blank, or put N/A or what, and not just 3 eighther any of the lines, boxes, questions whatever that don't apply to me do I just leave them blank or put N/A?On my obsolete form, it says Mailing Address if different.  IIRC I put "same" there just so it wouldn't be blank.

On number 9 what do I put as my position?, would collector work?Collector.

Also on 9 when it asks for all my addresses for the last 5 years does it want them in ascending or descending order?, should I list the dates?, do I seperate them with a line?, do I include my current address?My form doesn't have a place for recent dates.  I don't recall having to do this so I can't say for sure.  Does your form come with instructions?

Still on 9 do theywant city and state of birth, or city or state?I put Cite of birth comma state of birth on mine.

On number 10 is this where they incorporated the "certificate of complience"?, and do I sighn as the person certifying complience on 10a?, how about the rest do I leave it blank, put N/A, or what?I don't see this on my form.  If no one knows here, try surplusrifle.com in the forums.

On 14 do I put the CLEO's home address, or the address of the police station?My CLEO is the county sherriff.  I put the sherriff's office main address.

On 15 again what do I put as my title?, collector?Collector is your title.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:

Also on 9 when it asks for all my addresses for the last 5 years does it want them in ascending or descending order?, should I list the dates?, do I seperate them with a line?, do I include my current address?My form doesn't have a place for recent dates.  I don't recall having to do this so I can't say for sure.  Does your form come with instructions?

No instructions it just says:

Home Address

Please provide every address you have had in the last 5 years.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Home Address

I rechecked and mine does say this.  
It says please list all addresses for the last 5 years.  Use an additional sheet of paper if neccessary.

If it doesn't all fit, write "see attached paper"

It's a pretty big box on my form.

It doesn't ask for dates.  I would list most recent addy first, then descending from there.

Yes, my form says to include home address AND last 5 years of addys.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Home Address

I rechecked and mine does say this.  he
If it doesn't all fit, write "see attached paper"

It's a pretty big box on my form.

It doesn't ask for dates.  I would list most recent addy first, then descending from there.

Yes, my form says to include home address AND last 5 years of addys.

Just wanted to add that if you attach a piece of paper for this, make sure to have your name, address, & SSN at the top of the page. I just sent mine in a few weeks ago, and the instructions on the back stated to do this. Probably so they don't get papers mixed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top