Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2002 8:02:58 PM EDT
I recently applied for a C&R FFL. The form at the "Cruffler" site did not print out quite right, so I got the one direct from the ATF site. I have a clean record, and formerly held a regular dealer FFL, so I was hoping they'd hurry up and send my license so I can jump on some of the good deals currently out there.

Well dang-nabbit, of all the times when they could change the rules, they have to pick now. I just got a letter that in effect says the definition of the phrase "the people" no longer includes non-immigrant aliens, and informs me I must fill out and return an additional form, not mentioned by the ATF or anybody else a few weeks ago, that affirms I am not one of the dreaded non-immigrant aliens. Whom I presume are currently being rounded up and sent to the "showers."

Of course, I was born here in America, and hence am eligible for natural God-given rights myself. So this is just a minor annoying holdup for me. But I thought I'd give the heads-up on this to anyone else thinking of applying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top