Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 12:58:15 PM EDT
Some idiot at my gun club said that since I have a C&R license that the police can inspect my firearms without a warrant.  I hope this is bullshit.  So what is the deal?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not spend much time talking to idiots.

Dennis Jenkins
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would not spend much time talking to idiots.

Dennis Jenkins

+1. And yes, I have a C&R. When in doubt, read the regs. Rest easy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, considering that you don't even have to let the ATF in to go over your logbook (you can take the logbook to them, if they request a review)....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:33:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Some idiot at my gun club said that since I have a C&R license that the police can inspect my firearms without a warrant.  I hope this is bullshit.  So what is the deal?

Make sure you tell him he's correct and ask if he would spread the word to everybody he knows.

Too many people getting C&R's.  It leaves less guns and ammo for me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:41:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make sure you tell him he's correct and ask if he would spread the word to everybody he knows.

Too many people getting C&R's.  It leaves less guns and ammo for me.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:52:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#7]
That guy was FOS.  The ATF can inspect your C&R logbook and firearms (to make sure they match up) but as mentioned above, you can bring them into to the ATF if you don't want them at your house.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe they may be confusing this with when you incorporate. If I remember correctly, if you incorporate (to make C III purchases easier) then they can. If I am wrong than I too much be one of those idiots you shouldn't talk to.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
That's the whole problem with the BATFE.  Not many of them really know their own regulations.  It's all subject to interpretation by them anyways.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I believe they may be confusing this with when you incorporate. If I remember correctly, if you incorporate (to make C III purchases easier) then they can. If I am wrong than I too much be one of those idiots you shouldn't talk to.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top