Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/20/2008 6:46:12 AM EST
I am looking to get one and I want to know how they generally shoot and if they are picky about ammo. Which one is the better model to go after? How much should I spend for the different models? Any help is appreciated!!

~ISherman
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:20:18 AM EST
I would try and purchase a M48 over the 24/47. The 24/47 can be had in bent and straight bolts and the M48 I have only seen in bent bolts. I have been seeing the M48's go for around high $200's and up pending condition. The 24/47's tend to go for around $130-$160 pending condition. I have shot a lot of 60's Ecuador ammo through both and never had any hiccups.

I have shot both with no favoritism of one over the other. All as I can say is without a recoil pad the side of the stock hits me in my cheek bone every round. I don't like the stock design at all, even though I own both and they shoot and operate great I would shoot my K98 any day of the week over both of these. But if you must have one I would shoot for the M48, even though Ben at Classicarms has a great batch of 24/47's from Samco that are in real nice condition.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:59:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By haLfLiFe:
I would try and purchase a M48 over the 24/47. The 24/47 can be had in bent and straight bolts and the M48 I have only seen in bent bolts. I have been seeing the M48's go for around high $200's and up pending condition. The 24/47's tend to go for around $130-$160 pending condition. I have shot a lot of 60's Ecuador ammo through both and never had any hiccups.

I have shot both with no favoritism of one over the other. All as I can say is without a recoil pad the side of the stock hits me in my cheek bone every round. I don't like the stock design at all, even though I own both and they shoot and operate great I would shoot my K98 any day of the week over both of these. But if you must have one I would shoot for the M48, even though Ben at Classicarms has a great batch of 24/47's from Samco that are in real nice condition.

I saw the ones at classic arms and they looked really nice. I also saw that j&g had the m48's with cracked stocks for 130ish. Hopefully i can repair the stock if i get one.

~ISherman
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:50:31 AM EST
For that price I would not waste my time with a cracked stock. I would buy one from Classic and get a quality rifle for pretty much the same price. Besides that Classicarms has one of the better reputations on the web.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:48:50 AM EST
I got a like new M48 for my first C&R. It's still probably my favorite. I shoot it more than my RC k98. I've shot mostly 50s Yugo and 70s Romanian out of it, and never had a problem. I'd check gunbroker for a good one.
Top Top