Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2013 7:56:50 PM EDT
I bought an old police trade in 870 that had a choate pistol grip and an LPC forend w/ integrated light (minus the light) that I have no use for. I don't like to keep useless parts, but if its a good piece I may keep it around if something comes up for it.

From what I gathered this is a pre surefire forend, but I don't know what kind of flashlight fits it...or anything else for that matter.

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
A picture would be tremendously helpful in identifying the part and its relative value.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Includes a lifetime unconditional warranty by Surefire (the current company name).

I like these versions because they are more stream line and low profile. The newest forend they have is just straight UGLY, and looks heavy.

The disadvantage is that they are factory incandescent, but can be upgraded. Some forends even have more switches (constant on/off), but I seldom see them for sale. These integrated forends are convenient, but you pay for the convience in weight (around one pound) when versing clamp lights.

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o748/Vertigoshield/Web/Forums/surefireh17_zps872e8e4d.jpg

I paid less than $125 each for mine. I would say that is worth around 40 to 50. I think I have seen some surefire 6P originals fit in them... call surefire to see if you can get a replacement light housing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:10:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I would buy a Solar force 3 cell tube and s malkoff device for it
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:10:28 AM EDT
[#5]
A new Surefire 6P light housing will cost between $50 to $75 depending on the source. Sometimes you can find them for less on the EE and even on ebay. It's a good forend. You should keep it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:55:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bought an old police trade in 870 that had a choate pistol grip and an LPC forend w/ integrated light (minus the light) that I have no use for. I don't like to keep useless parts, but if its a good piece I may keep it around if something comes up for it.

From what I gathered this is a pre surefire forend, but I don't know what kind of flashlight fits it...or anything else for that matter.

Thanks for any help!
View Quote

What you need is a Surefire L60 or a 660 light.   The L60 is hard to find but you can find good deals on old used 660.  You just twist off the spacer and tail cap on a 660 and you have a L60.  

Also if you wanted to really upgrade that thing the new Surefire LED heads  LM1 and LM2 will fit as well.  Hope this helps and if you decide to let that thing go or need something for your 870 in trade please shoot me a IM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top