Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 12:29:17 PM EDT
My LGS just got a Hybrid in stock and it is mine if I want it. Because of this I have been looking into the Hybrid more and based on what I am seeing...... well, I am underwhelmed by the numbers. Seems to be indeed a jack of trades and master of none. Having multiple dedicated cans for many calibers already, where would the Hybrid fit into my needs?

This is what i currently have in the Hybrid range, all which according to sico's numbers, supress better than the Hybrid:
3 9mm
1 40
2 45
2 5.56
2 30
1 338
1 458

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:01:16 PM EDT
Sorry I can't. I was at my LGS yesterday comparing a Hybrid to an Omega and bought the Omega. The Hybrid was just too heavy/clunky for pistol shooting and has no modularity like other multi-use cans. I too have several cans that fall within the Hybrid caliber ranges. If I only wanted "one can" to do it all or plan to shoot big bore (say 45-70), then I can see buying the Hybrid. Otherwise, meh.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:48:37 PM EDT
Buy it as a middle finger to 41p
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:59:21 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Naga:
Sorry I can't. I was at my LGS yesterday comparing a Hybrid to an Omega and bought the Omega. The Hybrid was just too heavy/clunky for pistol shooting and has no modularity like other multi-use cans. I too have several cans that fall within the Hybrid caliber ranges. If I only wanted "one can" to do it all or plan to shoot big bore (say 45-70), then I can see buying the Hybrid. Otherwise, meh.
View Quote

Summed up nicely.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:33:48 PM EDT
If you own a uzi or another pistol caliber you probably wont be using the omega, can you even run a Omega on a 9mm?  Not sure if omega and hybrid are good comparison unless your talking about 5.56 and .308 only can.

Im planning on using it on a lever action, 5.7 ps90, 3 lug to my mini uzi and my RR if I ever buy a pistol caliber upper for it.  Not sure what other cans can do all that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:06:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wabostyle:

My LGS just got a Hybrid in stock and it is mine if I want it. Because of this I have been looking into the Hybrid more and based on what I am seeing...... well, I am underwhelmed by the numbers. Seems to be indeed a jack of trades and master of none. Having multiple dedicated cans for many calibers already, where would the Hybrid fit into my needs?

This is what i currently have in the Hybrid range, all which according to sico's numbers, supress better than the Hybrid:

3 9mm

1 40

2 45

2 5.56

2 30

1 338

1 458

Thanks in advance!
View Quote
What numbers are you comparing the Hybrid numbers to? I'm considering the Hybrid so I can suppress a 45-70 and .458 Socom as well as using it on a PCC. The large volume hopefully cuts down on the blowback.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/22/2016 9:30:45 PM EDT by BigWaylon]
Originally Posted By jh1990:
What numbers are you comparing the Hybrid numbers to? I'm considering the Hybrid so I can suppress a 45-70 and .458 Socom as well as using it on a PCC. The large volume hopefully cuts down on the blowback.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

3 9mm
1 40
2 45
2 5.56
2 30
1 338
1 458

Thanks in advance!

Well, for one, according to Sico's website, the Hybrid is only rated for a  minimum barrel length of 16" on 458 socom. My 458 is only a 10.5" barrel and my Lane Scorpion 458 has no such restriction on barrel length. It also does a great job at suppressing that round. To my ears, definitely hearing safe.

Also, sound reduction down to 140.6 db for 45-70? Correct me if im wrong but that's not hearing safe. I also read somewhere that sico is quoted on saying 338lm is reduced to 150 db. My re-cored TB 338BA reduces that round down to 135-138 db. IMHO, with those numbers, why bother?

Regarding PCC's..... Hard to imagine that the Hybrid will suppress 9mm, 40, or 45 better that the tirant 9, tirant 45, or the tirant 45m that i have. I even have a SRI jailbroken Gemtech Tundra that is extremely pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:10:44 PM EDT
Because you want one. That is reason enough for me
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:14:59 PM EDT
Although the Hybrid is billed as a one-size-fits-all can, I think it ends up being kind of a niche can in a lot of ways.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:56:02 AM EDT

Well, for one, according to Sico's website, the Hybrid is only rated for a  minimum barrel length of 16" on 458 socom. My 458 is only a 10.5" barrel and my Lane Scorpion 458 has no such restriction on barrel length. It also does a great job at suppressing that round. To my ears, definitely hearing safe.

Also, sound reduction down to 140.6 db for 45-70? Correct me if im wrong but that's not hearing safe. I also read somewhere that sico is quoted on saying 338lm is reduced to 150 db. My re-cored TB 338BA reduces that round down to 135-138 db. IMHO, with those numbers, why bother?

Regarding PCC's..... Hard to imagine that the Hybrid will suppress 9mm, 40, or 45 better that the tirant 9, tirant 45, or the tirant 45m that i have. I even have a SRI jailbroken Gemtech Tundra that is extremely pleasant to shoot.
View All Quotes

3 9mm
1 40
2 45
2 5.56
2 30
1 338
1 458

Thanks in advance!

I'm confused are you arguing with yourself why you shouldn't buy one?  Obviously you don't like the can so move on. Get another Lane Scorpion or TB 338.

The Hybrid is a master of none just a decent all around can.  I think on a pistol it's silly but in a 45-70 lever gun or a 300blk or maybe a Kriss Vector it would be awesome.

I bought one cause I'm going to use it on a 45-70 and I have several blackouts. And who knows a .458socom may be in my future. The barrel length restrictions are no big deal IMO and I don't have to have a SBR .458socom.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:42:11 AM EDT
Sorry to confuse you 00....and congrats on your purchase!

I was hoping someone could give me a reason why I SHOULD buy one....

With all the hype the Hybrid has been getting around here and everyone touting it as the next "got to have it" can, I thought I may be missing something about it......

I think the Hybrid is a great option for someone looking for a "one can to do it all" suppressor. But for those that already have dedicated suppressors across the Hybrid's range, apparently it does not add anything to the mix.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:55:59 AM EDT
Sorry to confuse you 00....and congrats on your purchase!

I was hoping someone could give me a reason why I SHOULD buy one....

With all the hype the Hybrid has been getting around here and everyone touting it as the next "got to have it" can, I thought I may be missing something about it......

I think the Hybrid is a great option for someone looking for a "one can to do it all" suppressor. But for those that already have dedicated suppressors across the Hybrid's range, apparently it does not add anything to the mix.
View Quote

I really don't see the appeal of these new "do all" suppressors
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:06:57 AM EDT
Because maybe not everyone playing in the CL III realm has tons of expendable money for stamps and hardware.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:42:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ezlife45:
Because maybe not everyone playing in the CL III realm has tons of expendable money for stamps and hardware.
View Quote

And when you're unhappy with the weight on a pistol or Rimfire and unhappy with the performance on a centerfire rifle, you'll buy more cans like you should have th first time. Then you have the hybrid without a host so you go buy a .338 lapua or a .458 Socom
I'm saving you money in the long run. Trust me
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:15:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

And when you're unhappy with the weight on a pistol or Rimfire and unhappy with the performance on a centerfire rifle, you'll buy more cans like you should have th first time. Then you have the hybrid without a host so you go buy a .338 lapua or a .458 Socom
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Originally Posted By ezlife45:

Yep. Buy once cry once. I have a different opinion on the hybrid. I wouldn't get it as a first do-all can but as a fill in for someone that already has a lot of bases covered. I have 2-7.62, 1-5.56, 2-rim fire, and a 45 can and I am thinking of a hybrid to fill any voids such as big bore or extra PCC can. But I may get an Omega, Warlock, and Tirant instead.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:31:38 PM EDT
I've got one in jail. My main reason for buying a hybrid is that I currently have dedicated cans for my most frequently shot barrels, but I don't know what the future holds and a hybrid gives me options.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:02:15 PM EDT
I bought one as a "second can" to all my single purpose cans.  With an adaptor it is a second .30 cal, or a second pistol, or a second 5.56. As a bonus I can use it with big .45 cal levers, 375WSM wildcat, 9/40/10/45 carbines, .338 cal and anything in between if I end up with something I don't have now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:10:50 PM EDT
Because you don't have one...
Top Top