Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/1/2006 4:01:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 4:08:09 PM EDT by hanibal]
A friend of mine brought over an old double barrel 12 gauge with no marking on it except the letters "S.H.C". Here are some pics-

Closer up shot of the only marking on the gun:

The barrel is 28" in length. Any help or info anyone can give would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Scott

ETA: I have this here and can take more pics if needed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:25:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:34:07 PM EDT
I can't help with the ID, but that's sweet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:23:58 AM EDT
ikor, yes it is a brech loader. Sorry I should've said that in the original post. I removed the barrels as you suggested and you were right, there are some more markings on there. I snapped a pic

I'm going to spend some time cleaning it up a little bit today, it's pretty dirty. It was found in the attic of a house that has been abondoned for years and is in need of a good cleaning.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:29:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:19:03 PM EDT
It appears that is in fact Belgian. I posted the pics in the ID & value forum on shotgunworld.com. The guys over there say the markings are Belgian and it's not a very well made gun. The only guess so far as to the date was around 1890 judging by the "scissor" type action.

No, I can't tell if it's damascus steel or not. How would I tell? I can tell you that there was blueing on it at one time though it's nearly all worn off now. Thanks again for the help.

Top Top