Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/15/2007 4:50:12 PM EST
1.) Why can a person buy (from another person)/build a class 3 item at the age of 18, but in order to buy from a dealer, is the age 21?
2.) For a suppressor, what exactly is the procedure for doing a person to person transfer? Do each persons involved fill out the form 4 and send it in? How does that work?

I'm sure that this has been awnsered before but I couldn't find the awnsers I'm looking for. Thanks,
-Tom
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 7:31:40 PM EST
Anyone?
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 3:47:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2007 3:51:31 AM EST by tony_k]
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:16:40 AM EST
That's like asking why at 18 you can smoke and goto war for the US, but gotta be 21 go have a beer.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:31:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By KavonTN:
2.) For a suppressor, what exactly is the procedure for doing a person to person transfer? Do each persons involved fill out the form 4 and send it in? How does that work?

Tony mostly covered it, I'll just add that you need to make sure your Form 4 is printed on one single sheet of paper. Don't send 4 pieces of paper, just two copies of the Form 4 printed front and back.

When filling out the Form 4 try to minimize abbreviations as much as possible too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:49:15 AM EST
Alrignt, those were the awnsers I was looking for. That's pretty lame...I'll be sure to use your helpful info once I find someone that will sell me an ops inc 12th model can. (i only hear good things, so it might be awhile...like until i'm 21 and can buy from a dealer, hahaha)
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 7:23:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By KavonTN:
Alrignt, those were the awnsers I was looking for. That's pretty lame...I'll be sure to use your helpful info once I find someone that will sell me an ops inc 12th model can. (i only hear good things, so it might be awhile...like until i'm 21 and can buy from a dealer, hahaha)

Check subguns.com often for suppressors. If the seller is local then you should be good to go. There's no need to go through a dealer if the NFA seller lives in the same state, just like other firearms.

You can also post a Want to Buy ad at subguns. Have cash in hand/bank before posting the ad and state that there is cash in hand. Be very specific, like the first sentence, that the seller must be a FL resident because you are 18.
Top Top