Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 9:47:47 PM EDT
Especially in certain sections or does it have to be completely stripped back down and re done?
I have a receiver that is type 3 hardcoat annodized but the finish is wore off on one section and i dont really want to paint over it. The finish wear is on a sharp corner in about a 3 inch long section.I have tried the aluminum black stuff and it doesnt match very well at all.

Shawn
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had it done on Street Rod parts, so I don't see why not?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Especially in certain sections or does it have to be completely stripped back down and re done?
I have a receiver that is type 3 hardcoat annodized but the finish is wore off on one section and i dont really want to paint over it. The finish wear is on a sharp corner in about a 3 inch long section.I have tried the aluminum black stuff and it doesnt match very well at all.

Shawn

Yes.  Someone will be along to tell you where as I forgot the name of the place everyone keeps using for their 80% forgings.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Call Victor at U.S. Anodizing

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I will call US annodizing next week, hoping that they can just repair the section insteads having to redo the entire receiver.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Speak with the Anodizing reps, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they can repair/spot apply hard coat anodizing, it has to be stripped and re-done.

There are different kinds of anodizing, on AR's they use the TypeIII Hard Coat that is far more difficult to form, but it has surface hardness akin to steel.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#6]
they'll have to refinish the whole part, meaning stripping the entire part then reanodizing.

I know I did anodizing work for 3 years.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#7]
they'll have to refinish the whole part, meaning stripping the entire part then reanodizing.

I know I did anodizing work for 3 years.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top