Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 11/10/2008 8:54:58 AM EDT
Subject is the question. Can a trust be the manufacturer of an SBR? I see that question 2 has a box for "Individual", "Corporation or Other Business Entity" and "Government Entity". Is a trust an "Other Business Entity"?

I ask because if I am going to have to go through all the CLEO rigmarole to make an SBR, there's no point in establishing a trust to own what I've made, right?
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 9:07:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/10/2008 9:09:07 AM EDT by JS_280]
Trust can be the manufacturer. "Other Business Entity".

ETA: The SBR will need to be engraved with the Trust's Name and city, state.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 6:55:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Z09SS:
Subject is the question. Can a trust be the manufacturer of an SBR? I see that question 2 has a box for "Individual", "Corporation or Other Business Entity" and "Government Entity". Is a trust an "Other Business Entity"?

I ask because if I am going to have to go through all the CLEO rigmarole to make an SBR, there's no point in establishing a trust to own what I've made, right?

Yes, a trust cqn fill out a form 1 or form 4. I believe that a trust CANNOT fill out the 4473 that goes with the form 4 - that must be filled out by the individual getting possession of the item.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:55:28 PM EDT
But with a trust, you just ignore the photograph and the Law Enforcement part on the back of the Form 1, right?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:35:57 PM EDT
Yes, completely skip the 'law enforcement certification' block. Skip the photo, skip the fingerprints.

DO NOT skip the 'certificate of compliance'
Top Top