Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2009 7:36:56 AM EDT
As the title asks, can OEM ghost ring sights be added to a Benelli Super Nova Tactical with rifle sights? I've been looking for a SNT with a pistol grip for several months.  I just put one on layaway locally that was only $409.99, but the drawback to me was the fact that it had rifle sights as opposed to ghost rings.  I'd like to retrofit the gun when I pick it up in a couple weeks.  Does anyone know of that's possible?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Matt, It will be possible, but as to how difficult will depend somewhat on your gun. I have a SNT with the rifle sights. Mine does not have the receiver drilled and tapped for the rear sight. If yours has the little plugs covering the holes, it is a simple matter to pop them out and screw on the factory rear. The front sight is silver soldered on, so the original will need to be removed and the taller front soldered in its place. I don't know where to come up with a set of factory sights, so that might be a bit tricky. My suggestion is to try it out as is first. I dabbed a little orange paint to the front post to make it stand out. I like the way the gun comes on target, muck like a lever gun, it just kinda "pops" right up there.The rifle sights are also plenty accurate with slugs. Hope this helps a little.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
That helps a lot.  I like the ghost rings on the Benelli M4 I tried out, but I cannot justify the cost of the M4.  The rifle sights seemed fine in the gun shop, but I only looked through them for a moment.  I'm encouraged to hear that you like the rifle sights, I'm sure they'll be fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top