Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/16/2013 5:03:25 PM EDT
Can I apply for a form 1 to SBR a pistol before I have the pistol I intend to SBR in my possession.

I am waiting for the pistol I want to SBR it is on back order. I have the over all length and all the other dimensions.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:27:24 PM EDT
Nope, you need the serial number.
Even if you had what should be the serial number, it would be a bad idea because there could always be a mix up, then you would be out 6+ months of time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:38:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By chrismartin:
Even if you had what should be the serial number, it would be a bad idea because there could always be a mix up, then you would be out 6+ months of time.

I thought that i could use any serial number i wanted because i was manufacturing the firearm. I don't see how its be any different than me actually milling my own stuff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:44:24 PM EDT
You are not manufacturing anything . your are not a sot manufacturer.

You are making.

That's the difference. And since the pistol is ready made. It must retain that serial number which then becomes part of the nfa as a SBR.

If you were making a gun from scratch the. You can use your own serial number just like if you were making a suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:47:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Got_Guns:
You are not manufacturing anything . your are not a sot manufacturer.

You are making.

That's the difference. And since the pistol is ready made. It must retain that serial number which then becomes part of the nfa as a SBR.

If you were making a gun from scratch the. You can use your own serial number just like if you were making a suppressor.

Yeah i just saw that in another thread. That kinda makes me a little disappointed. I still have months waiting for my pistol and then the form 1 wait.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:00:52 AM EDT
You are not alone. I was in a custom group order of AR lowers. We had 'known' serial numbers. I still had to wait until I have it in my possession before I can/will submit the paperwork.

Good luck! It sucks to be patient...
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:38:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DirtDivision:
Originally Posted By chrismartin:

I thought that i could use any serial number i wanted because i was manufacturing the firearm. I don't see how its be any different than me actually milling my own stuff.

Sure if you are using an 80% receiver.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:15:50 PM EDT
Im just doing a form 1 on a masterpiece arms........
Top Top