Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2002 8:02:17 AM EDT
Tapco is advertising that they can, and since CETME's are about $5 vs. $30 for HK91/G# mags, that looks like an attractive option. I just bought an HK91 clone, which I am happy with (save the price of mags and ammo...). Is this true? If so, how well does it work? The HK Forum at http://www.hk-forum.com is dead compared to this place; I remain a committed ARmonkey, but I have branched out my addiction a bit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#1]

They should work,,,but I've been seeing nice HK mags for around $6.

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They should work,,,but I've been seeing nice HK mags for around $6.

Really? Where at? The only $6 ones I saw are those 5rd hunting mags.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The mags interchange fine between my HK91 and my preban CETME, each works with the other's mags.  YMMV, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work because it does for me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Interordnance has them advertised as starting at $3.95 for Rheinmetal
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Interordnance has them advertised as starting at $3.95 for Rheinmetal

I saw that ad, I'm going to see what they look like at the creek friday. They are probably the ones I've been seeing at the shows for $6 (nice shape).  I really don't need any more, only one HK and probably have 20 mags for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought 10 "like new" steel HK mags from Interord... Cost $5.95 each.  What I got were factory HK mags, 5 were still wrapped in plastic, 5 were out of plastic.  All were new.

As far as your original question the Cetme mags work just fine in my HK91's and Greek SAR8's.  I haven't tried the Cetme 30 rounders yet, though...
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, the mags will interchange. You must remember that the HK G3 was a product improvement of the CETME battle rifle.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#9]
True, AR18, but at the same time very few parts interchange, they are all "just a little" different.  Only interchangeable parts I know of besides the mags are the pins that hold the durned things together.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
True, AR18, but at the same time very few parts interchange, they are all "just a little" different.  Only interchangeable parts I know of besides the mags are the pins that hold the durned things together.

True, Clairborne. However, the Germans did like the CETMEs during the trials and prefered it over the G1 rifles. HK did the redesign on the CETME to meet the West German Army acceptance. I can't remember if some of the internals parts are inchangable between the two. Need to go to HK91.com or HKPRO.com for some answers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top