Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/3/2002 4:55:16 AM EDT
I would like to buy a lightweight rifle rest, any suggestions from those with experience?
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:17:47 AM EDT
what are you looking for specificly ??????

i just took two oak 3/4"x3/4" 4' long sticks, drilled two holes in both, one hole about 6" from top, run a 10-24 screw thru it, put on a nut & tightened it, run a length of parachute cord thru the other holes about 2' lower & knotted both ends, spread out it makes a big X, works for me..., standing, siting or kneeling......

but if it is a bench rest you want....... they're heavy.., make one i did !!
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:17:25 AM EDT
Iwas thinking about a table model, something better that a folded soft gun case. Should I get some cheap sand rests or a metal framed ransom type??
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:15:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Robertesq1:
Iwas thinking about a table model, something better that a folded soft gun case. Should I get some cheap sand rests or a metal framed ransom type??

Depends on what you want to do really.

The Outers Varminter rest isn't horrible and I managed to shoot some decent groups with mine during load development. These should run in the $50-70 range. It is light, adjusts decently and could be used off of a vehicle in the field.

Last year, I bought a Sinclair all purpose rest and a rear bag for $289 total. Great rest, stable and adjusts nicely. I can't say it has helped equal to the cost but I would still buy it again. It weighs all told close to 14 pounds.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 7:09:19 PM EDT
Large ALICE LOL
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 5:53:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/4/2002 5:54:54 AM EDT by Steve]
I have a Wichita (sp?) Arms. ransom rest I got from Blue Press for $168. It included a pistol mount. I am very happy with it and would recommend it.

http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=45&min=0&dyn=1&
Top Top