Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 2:15:04 PM EDT
I have been thinking about the CamelBak MotherLode to replace my Med ALICE. It looks more comfy but do you know if it has the same (or close too) the capacity on the ALICE.

I like it but cant get my hands on one to check out before dropping 140 bucks. Any info is apreciated
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Just replaced my medium ALICE with a Motherload in coyote(see pics of it in the pic post) and I fit everything that I had in the ALICE in the Motherload.  I had the option of either getting ACU, coyote, Chameleon green, or OD.  I picked coyote in the end.  It don't have as big a main pocket as the ALICE, but I find that it is WAAYYYYY more organized.  You won't be disappointed, I rucked my all over today and it rode just fine.  The one gripe I have with it is the back bows a little with a really full bladder.  Once you get to drinking some though goes down and feels normal.  Just don't overfill or get to drinking quick.  Hope this helps.

Mac
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Whats "chameleon green". How does it differ from OD

Any other positive stories, experiences, likes/dislikes?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Any one else? Likes/Dislike etc:
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Chameleon green is a new color the AF was playing with in their new uniform testing.  They were testing boots and other gear in this color along with tan.  All of a sudden the uni store had a couple of thermobacks and one motherload in this color.  They all sold and have not since been replaced.  It's kind of like ranger green and I would not be surprised if it is the same exact thing, the lady called it chameleon and that's what it was called when referring to the boots in the uniform test article.  Hope that helps.

On another side, I humped mine around a few more times since the first post and it's great.  Not bad for a no frame pack and just the right size for me.

Mac
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:30:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top