Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2002 8:46:52 AM EDT
Does any of my active/reserve duty brethren have access to a new one?  I only have mine that I saved from my month of competition at Puuloa in Hawaii.

I would be willing to buy one, or better yet I would prefer if one ya'll can "recon" me a new one from your next qualification date.

Thanks,

Jarhead94
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#1]
rare as hens teeth. even on qual days my unit barely has enough. we got a guy going to the PMI course and i already asked him to see if he could "aquire" some for me. i had the intent of making them available to AR15.com's gyrene members on a first come first serve basis. i could get 5 or i could get 100, who knows. but when i get them ill run a thread and a self addressed stamped envelope gets you one free.  (big envelope, 2 or 3 stamps)
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#2]
 Let me be next in line behind Jarhead to get a range data book.  I still have my old one from the Island, but I would never actually take it to the range- it's a keepsake.  I always liked the sketches and cheesy pictures- they are still good shooting tools.  

I would like one, two if you can spare it.  I appreciate you thinking of other Jarheads here on the board- tell your buddy "good luck" with his recon mission.

Please email me when you get some "in stock."

Semper Fi

Link Posted: 11/4/2002 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I found this on the web.

http://www.jarheadtop.com/books.shtml

"Jim Owens Data Book" Some of the features are Eight Sets of Wind Charts, A Wind Speed Estimating Guide, More than Twice the # of pages., Larger plotting areas, All Scoring rings are Proportional, Jim Owens "Amended" grid lines, Twin plotting bulls for rapid fire, A "Gun Round Count" page, A Check list for items to bring to the range, A chart detailing the scores needed for each classification, A chart giving the dimensions of the scoring rings, A chart describing the scoring system, A guide for normal come-ups from 100 to 1,000 yards in 100 yard increments, A chart explaining the "9-Yes, 9-No" problems. This data book is more than a $60.00 value.

$14.95 plus $4.00 S&H
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does any of my active/reserve duty brethren have access to a new one?  I only have mine that I saved from my month of competition at Puuloa in Hawaii.

I would be willing to buy one, or better yet I would prefer if one ya'll can "recon" me a new one from your next qualification date.

Thanks,

Jarhead94

When do you need them I might be able to get some from my BN Training-O
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Jarhead,

I don't have a "no shit" USMC data book, however, I do have one that someone basically stole and re-printed using the same info and shot calling pages.  Having been a Jarhead myself, when I first saw it, I thought it looked rather familiar. Anyway, I have one for you.  Drop an IM Mail message with your info and I'll send it out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I got several of them, but it takes 3 or so weeks to get them via mail from here, PM me if you still need them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I will ask my son. He is at Lejuene now. RH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top