Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/12/2006 6:35:55 PM EST
I have a Federal Arms HK91Clone. Back in 2000 that was the only choice I had if I wanted a HK91 clone or never be able to buy another AW(Assualt Waepon) in California.

The Federal Arms clone is junk and the receiver is now broken. Being a registered AW in California the serial number is priceless to me in allowing me to own a AW.

Does anyone know if it is legal to get a new receiver to replace my damaged receiver?


Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:28:24 AM EST
It is possible, with ATF permission, to replace a receiver with one of the same serial number. However, it is the original manufacturer that must do this. You need to contact your manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:30:20 AM EST
I think it is pretty limited as to what you can and can not do with registered AWMB uns. I feel this was California's intent to not allow transfers or replacement of registered AWB guns.
They probably have statisics where there will be no "assult weapons" buy a certain date. Maybe 50 years? Eventually ALL registered guns will have to be sold out of state as people expire.
Top Top