Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2007 8:12:56 PM EDT
Well, I don't know if anyone has heard, but Calico is coming out with a .22 upper for the MAC.  Takes their 100 round mags.
I have read a lot of crap about the Shrike issue, but I went ahead and put down my deposit.
Their turn around time is supposed to be about 90 days, so I will post my experience when I get it if anyone is interested.
I have been waiting for the Lage .22 upper, but he is building it for the M11 first, which puts me way down the list, so I went for the Calico.  
I have a pic of the prototype but there isn't any video of it running that I have seen.
I also had one of the Flemming uppers....you all have heard that story as well.
I am not affiliated with them in any way except that they have my money for a .22 and 9mm upper for my MAC 10/45.
Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive been watching that calico upper go, and i was thinking about putting down on it.
I keep buying other NFA crap so it didnt happen.

so, good luck and I hope you will have the new magic in your hands!
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I looked on their website, but I saw no information.  Where is the info. on these?
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#3]
i am interested in the 22 upper but i am gonna wait a little bit before i put a deposit down.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i am interested in the 22 upper but i am gonna wait a little bit before i put a deposit down.

+a million on all counts.  I'm REALLY interested in the upper, but don't care to have it go "shrike"
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
You have to call them directly, they are supposed to be coming out with an add in shotgun news.  I figure it will be at least 2 months before that happens.
I completely understand being leary about a deposit, I just thought I would post that I bit the bullet and plunked down some coin to get on the list.
I will keep the forum updated if there is any interest in how things go for me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You have to call them directly, they are supposed to be coming out with an add in shotgun news.  I figure it will be at least 2 months before that happens.
I completely understand being leary about a deposit, I just thought I would post that I bit the bullet and plunked down some coin to get on the list.
I will keep the forum updated if there is any interest in how things go for me.

Yeah. Please do. LOTS of interest.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#7]
ys keep us updated PLEASE!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Okent,
Looks like you & I are in the same first run.  Will have to post lots of pics when we get them in, along with a few mag dump video's.  When I ordered mine, I asked how many put $$$ down, I was told only about 15 or so (at that time).  The new price is $850 for an upper & 1 mag.  Never saw mention of a mag deal though.  Glad I got in when I did
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Anything is better than that subcal piece of CRAP!

I'm holding out for the Lage .22 kit for now. I've never heard a bad thing about anytihng he makes. I learned my lessons dealing with Fleming....always do your homework.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I have dealt with Calico before and not had any complaints.  Always responsive and pretty quick too.
I went ahead and got the 9mm upper as well.
I asked how many were on the list for the M10 version of the 9mm and the lady said I am the first and only one!
I figure once the .22 upper comes out the rest of their stuff will pick up momentum.
Either way, I would have kicked myself for not getting it when it is available.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top