Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2007 8:12:56 PM EDT
Well, I don't know if anyone has heard, but Calico is coming out with a .22 upper for the MAC. Takes their 100 round mags.
I have read a lot of crap about the Shrike issue, but I went ahead and put down my deposit.
Their turn around time is supposed to be about 90 days, so I will post my experience when I get it if anyone is interested.
I have been waiting for the Lage .22 upper, but he is building it for the M11 first, which puts me way down the list, so I went for the Calico.
I have a pic of the prototype but there isn't any video of it running that I have seen.
I also had one of the Flemming uppers....you all have heard that story as well.
I am not affiliated with them in any way except that they have my money for a .22 and 9mm upper for my MAC 10/45.
Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 8:55:20 PM EDT
Ive been watching that calico upper go, and i was thinking about putting down on it.
I keep buying other NFA crap so it didnt happen.

so, good luck and I hope you will have the new magic in your hands!
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:59:57 AM EDT
I looked on their website, but I saw no information. Where is the info. on these?
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 10:21:49 AM EDT
i am interested in the 22 upper but i am gonna wait a little bit before i put a deposit down.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 11:14:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By twckxbzd:
i am interested in the 22 upper but i am gonna wait a little bit before i put a deposit down.

+a million on all counts. I'm REALLY interested in the upper, but don't care to have it go "shrike"
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:32:02 PM EDT
You have to call them directly, they are supposed to be coming out with an add in shotgun news. I figure it will be at least 2 months before that happens.
I completely understand being leary about a deposit, I just thought I would post that I bit the bullet and plunked down some coin to get on the list.
I will keep the forum updated if there is any interest in how things go for me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:30:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By okent:
You have to call them directly, they are supposed to be coming out with an add in shotgun news. I figure it will be at least 2 months before that happens.
I completely understand being leary about a deposit, I just thought I would post that I bit the bullet and plunked down some coin to get on the list.
I will keep the forum updated if there is any interest in how things go for me.

Yeah. Please do. LOTS of interest.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:49:40 AM EDT
ys keep us updated PLEASE!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 11:08:09 AM EDT
Okent,
Looks like you & I are in the same first run. Will have to post lots of pics when we get them in, along with a few mag dump video's. When I ordered mine, I asked how many put $$$ down, I was told only about 15 or so (at that time). The new price is $850 for an upper & 1 mag. Never saw mention of a mag deal though. Glad I got in when I did
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 11:56:16 AM EDT
Anything is better than that subcal piece of CRAP!

I'm holding out for the Lage .22 kit for now. I've never heard a bad thing about anytihng he makes. I learned my lessons dealing with Fleming....always do your homework.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:44:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/18/2007 2:47:34 PM EDT by okent]
I have dealt with Calico before and not had any complaints. Always responsive and pretty quick too.
I went ahead and got the 9mm upper as well.
I asked how many were on the list for the M10 version of the 9mm and the lady said I am the first and only one!
I figure once the .22 upper comes out the rest of their stuff will pick up momentum.
Either way, I would have kicked myself for not getting it when it is available.

Top Top