Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2013 10:11:57 PM EDT
I already have 3 non-AR SBRs, but now I want to SBR my Spikes Tactical lower.  The lower is on a ST-22 complete rifle, which is of course a dedicated .22LR.

When I fill out the Form I, do I put the caliber of the intended upper (5.56x45), or do I put the caliber listed on the receiver (.22LR)?  Also, what is the OAL for a 10.5in SBR AR?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 2:42:19 PM EDT
The caliber of the firearm you intend to make, which appears to be 5.56mm
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 10:34:22 PM EDT
Cool. That's what I figured, but didn't want to set myself up for issues later.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:31:23 AM EDT
Can you list caliber as multi?

I have a pistol lower that I use for an 11.5" .22lr and a 5.56 upper. I'm wanting to SBR a lower and switch around the uppers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 9:43:01 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a pistol lower that I use for an 11.5" .22lr and a 5.56 upper. I'm wanting to SBR a lower and switch around the uppers.
View Quote

Used to be able to, but not now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:57:34 PM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that sucks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:28:51 PM EDT
I am intending to SBR a lower that is stamped 5.56, but the short upper will be 300AAC.

What's the proper way to do this?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:26:05 AM EDT
List is as 300 AAC.  The caliber markings on the lower mean nothing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:30:55 AM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote

No you cant list it as multi, but it doesnt make a differance.  Once your stamp is back you can switch uppers and calibers all you want.  An SBR is an SBR regarless of its setup.  And an AR doesnt have a permanent setup.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:03:39 PM EDT
Quoted:

No you cant list it as multi, but it doesnt make a differance.  Once your stamp is back you can switch uppers and calibers all you want.  An SBR is an SBR regarless of its setup.  And an AR doesnt have a permanent setup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks man, that's what I was hoping for.
Top Top