Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/15/2006 2:05:24 PM EDT
Looks like the CZ52 is the big thing going right now. Will get one shortly but anything else out there I may have missed?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:53:27 PM EDT
I don't think they are C&R, but the Star BM is a great little 9mm pistol. They were the standard sidearm of Franco's Civil Guardia in Spain. They are cheap right now--well under $200. Get one before they are gone.

Some of the very best C&R guns are:

East German Makarovs
Russian ex-mil Maks
Argentine Sistema 1927 liscensed copy of the 1911A1
Ex-mil Belgium or Canadian Hi Powers
WWI Spanish Ruby-style copies of the 1903 Browning with French acceptance markings
Victory Model S&W Model 10 M&P in .38 special

The best part of handgun buying is hunting for the good stuff. Never pass up a pawn shop or a gun shop. With the exeption of the Star BM, all the others are mostly in the secondary market.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:03:23 PM EDT
Where are you seeing the Star BM for under $200? I've only seen them at SOG for $260. I'd love to grab one for under $200. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:27:26 AM EDT
Tokarevs
Star Model A Supers
East german/Soviet Makarovs
Systema and Ballester Molinas
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:10:58 PM EDT
p38's
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:31:44 PM EDT
What about Walther? Are any of them on the C&R list? I'd like to pick up one if they are.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:31:31 PM EDT
Muhurin PPs are C&R eligible. AIM surplus had some today on their website.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:59:45 PM EDT
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess no big fans of the Russian Revolvers out there. I did notice the Star 9mm x 23mm pistols thought they were neat. Worried about the ammo supply.

I've gone to the extemes in my collecting from NFA to C+R. I like this C+R stuff cause you can get a neat little piece of history CHEAP! Damn those import marking though. I just got my first UPS load and couldn't believe the condition of an M-44 from AIM for $69. It looked new. I'm going to enjoy this...should have bought a bigger safe.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:49:27 AM EDT
DANG ! !

PP's at AIM ?!?!?! Just went over to their web-site and sure enough - - they got 'em !

I ordered one from CenterFire three years ago -- my very FIRST C&R purchase ! -- and was very happy with this little piece of history.

Any idea on why these are 'two tone" ? ? Surely they can't be alloy frame, could they ? ?

Thanks for the "heads-up" ! !

Top Top