Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 5:25:17 AM EDT
So I was filling out my paperwork for my C@R and came to queston 10 nonimigrant alien compliance. Being a US cetizen I asked a gentleman who currently had his and he said leave the whole section blank, but surplus rifle.com says place name on section a. any suggestions who is right.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I submitted mine last week and had the same question. Different people told me to do it different ways. It may be that BOTH ways will work. But what I did was I called a buddy of mine who is a Special Agent with the ATF (I am a Special Agent with Immigration). He told me, "I don't do that paperwork crap, but I'll find out and get back to you." The next day he called me and said that he talked to the paperwork guru and she said put your name in line A of section 10 if you are an individual. If you are a company/partnership then the president of the corporation puts his name there. Then , if you are a US citizen, skip the rest of section 10 and go to 11.
Hope that helps-
Bill
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks that helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
So line 10 on the new form(revised May 2005) is the same as Form5330.20, and does not need to be submtted with the 7cr(5310.16)? Ihave placed several calls into the ATF and have yet to have a return call.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Beemerman-
That is correct. They added the United States citizen info on the new form so that there is no need to submit 2 forms. Pretty efficient for Government work, huh? Of course they are proving their inefficiency by not returning your calls.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
tag, as that is the last section I need to fill out also.....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are a US citizen, just write your name on the first line of section ten, then skip the rest of that section. You are verifying yourself as a US citizen.

That's what I was told to do  by the ATF when I was filling out my app in September.

Here's a good walk-through.

www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top