Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 5:27:19 AM EDT
I just handled one of these last night and was very impressed.  It's a single action (only) version of the CZ-75 in .40 S&W.

I have a few questions:

1) How do the CZs compare to the EAA pistols?  Are they worth the slight increase in cost?

2) Do the SA models have a better trigger than the original DA models?

3) How well do the .40 CZs hold up to the extra recoil of the bigger round?

4) What would you consider to be a typical retail price for this pistol (with nightsights)?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#1]
And another question:

How tight (or loose) is the CZ's chamber compared to other .40 pistols, especially the Glocks?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd also like to hear from any Steyr M40 owners out there.  CDNN is selling them at a very tempting price.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
While I continue to wait for a CZ owner to respond, here's another question:

Are there good holsters available for the CZ pistols?  I'd like to get something in kydex that's IDPA legal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have tried the CZ in 9mm. I was impressed with the pistol myself. I still think Glock is the way to go, but at least you want a 40.

40s RULE
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
As a matter of fact, I have two Glock .40s (a 23 and a 24) but I still have some doubts about the combination of the pistol and the cartridge.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My baby eagle .40 kicks ass. The baby eagle or jericho is a CZ-75 clone. It has a low center of mass and is a natural pointer.

As far as holsters go, if you have trouble finding one, try IMI. CZ-USA maybe another source, they took over the baby eagle license/support. I don't know if they handle accessories like holsters. I bought a Blackhawk medium auto thigh holster for my BE and HK. It works great for both.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#7]
The CZ and its clone are one of my favorite pistols period. I forsook a series 70 Gold Cup to go to an EAA Witness in .40 for competition. Now before the bottles, beer cans and tamatoes start flying I love 1911s but a double stack .40 is the way to go.  I chose the EAA over the CZ because it just felt slightly better in my hand also the availability of bre-ban high cap magazines.  Now that being said the CZ is the original and very nice, but if budget is a concern look hard at EAA.  If you can, get them side by side and compare.  Holsters will be a problem. I haven't found anybody yet who makes a kydex. Since I live in Jacksonville Just down the road from the G-code folks I have been meaning to get them to make me a custom kydex for the witness. As for standing up to the recoil they do just fine. I have heard that the Witness, being made out of VERY hard steel has on occasion boke slide stops but I have yet to see one break. All in all either will be a good pistol try em both and see which one you like. Just my .02

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I actually did own a Witness a few years ago.  It was a .45 in the "Wonder finish".  I liked the way it shot, but it was too heavy to be a carry gun and wouldn't feed reliably with LSWCs so I sold it.

Before that, I had a TZ-75 that was one of the very first .40 S&W pistols.  I really liked that pistol too but I wound up selling it and buying a Glock in hopes in getting better reliability.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#9]
One of the guys in our group shoots the CZ in 9mm.  He was once asked where he got the auto-sear; it's a very slick pistol and he handles it accordingly.  I have shot the gun and am very impressed with it overall.  Being an all steel piece, it is a rather hevy for a nine but the extra weight should make your times with the .40 even better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top