Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2007 11:44:46 PM EDT
I just got a CZ-52.  I'm very happy with the overall condition of the pistol, and it is surprisingly accurate.  The one problem I've found is that the pin that holds the slide stop lever in place walks out under recoil.  I have to keep my thumb on it to prevent it coming out completely.

Is this common?  It doesn't look like the pin is broken off.  How are these pins supposed to be retained?
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Which finish is your CZ52?

Dennis Jenkins
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like a park type finish.  Dark gray in color.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
That's interesting.  Most of the parkerized ones have not been rebuilt.  Most of the pins walking out have been associated with the blued ones.

How many dots are on top of your slide?

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
It looks like a park type finish.  Dark gray in color.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure I know where to look for the dots, but I don't see any.  The serial number is on the top of the slide, just in front of the rear sight.  Nothing else on the top.

I found a website that details the history of the CZ52 rebuild process.  It said that the pistol should have "VOZ" stamped on it if it has been rebuilt.  Mine has "VOZ 80" on it.  I'm guessing that means it was arsenal rebuilt in 1980.

Should I just try to peen the pin a little bit to keep it from walking?  Is there a more "official" fix recommended.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:29:36 AM EDT
[#5]
THis is a common problem.  An automatic center punch should be able to peen it enough to keep it in.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
One theory on the dots is there is one for each rebuild.  The VOZ 80 stamp does explain why you have a pin walking out though.

Mostly see it on the blued guns with several dots on the slide.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I'm not sure I know where to look for the dots, but I don't see any.  The serial number is on the top of the slide, just in front of the rear sight.  Nothing else on the top.

I found a website that details the history of the CZ52 rebuild process.  It said that the pistol should have "VOZ" stamped on it if it has been rebuilt.  Mine has "VOZ 80" on it.  I'm guessing that means it was arsenal rebuilt in 1980.

Should I just try to peen the pin a little bit to keep it from walking?  Is there a more "official" fix recommended.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The center punch did the trick.  It's good to go now.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
THis is a common problem.  An automatic center punch should be able to peen it enough to keep it in.

Had this same problem - any pistol I have to peen to get it to function gets sold...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top